Favorite Time Of Year To Ride?

Carnold23

Oct 14, 2015
I LOVE riding in the fall. Something about the crisp, clean air is my favorite thing. And in love when all the colors change. That is my favorite thing about riding it gives me time to really appreciate what's around me.

I thrive on heat. I love summer. This fall has been unusually windy, for some reason. Not too many 65 degree days (say 18-19 Celsius for non-Americans) with light winds, which is typical of fall here.

I think both summer and winter are my favourite times to ride around. Summer for obvious reasons and I love how it starts getting dark at well past 9pm. Winter because I really enjoy riding in the snow or after there has been a dusting of snow. It's almost like a challenge to me and something I really do enjoy. It makes for some really nice pictures sometimes too.

shoppyking said:
My favorite time is spring when flowers are blooming and fragrances are spread everywhere and weather is quite pleasant.
I would enjoy riding in spring a lot more I reckon if it weren't for my damned hayfever. Every year from between April and June my nose just turns into a river and the same with my eyes.

I'd have to say Fall! It's so beautiful when the leaves are changing colors. There's a ton of bike trails here in CO too so you really get a lot of great scenery with the trees and the mountains. I love it.

I'd say Summer! I like warm days and we ride to the coast where it is usually cooler. The heat is only a problem for us when it hits 105 or so. Seems like the locals are more active in Summer.

Summer and fall would have to be my favorites.

In summer I love being able to get out and enjoy the sun, and it staying light until 9pm is a huge help for getting time in after work.

Fall weather to me is perfect, minus the reduced daytime hours. The cool, crisp mornings more than make up for that though.

Winter and spring are certainly my least favorite. Being in upstate NY, the riding conditions are less than idea in the winter, and in the spring my allergies act up and make riding somewhat tortuous, especially with contacts.

Autumn weather is my favourite as well :)

Both winter and summer here are pretty extreme, so I try to really enjoy the mild fall weather while it lasts. It's nice too because I have an issue with overheating way quicker than most people, so the colder weather is really comfortable, especially when I don't have to worry about icy patches the way I do once the real snow starts.

Besides all that, Halloween in my favourite holiday and I love everything about October! Grey foggy days and crunchy leaves and pumpkins and scarecrows and cozy sweaters and hot chocolate...plus horror movies and lots of alcohol, what's not to love?

This is an easy question for me to answer, summer.

Here in the UK the summer is hardly ever unbearably hot, so I always find its the best time of year to ride. The autumn and winter can be treacherous on the roads and these days it seems like we don't even get a spring.

The nights are getting increasing better for my rides. The past few nights it's been pretty clear and the stars have seemed to be amazingly bright. There's a slight chill to the air and it is really feeling nice.

Can't wait until winter really sets in.

I especially prefer riding late in summer evenings or nights when sun is coming down. It is so relaxing to see sun slowly fading away and a chilling wind is cooling you down.

I do most of my riding during the summer months. Predominantly because of my work schedule, I tend to have more work during the winter months and I'm indoors a lot more. However, spring and autumn are my favorite seasons as the weather is neither extremely hot or cold. It's more enjoyable to ride under such weather conditions. Riding during extremely hot summer days can be tiring.

My favourite time is crisp fall, rain or evenings, when there is already dark outside at 5 pm and the cars have their lights on and its raining a little, the shops are full and I bike home really fast.

As a citizen of a tropical country, I am only familiar with two seasons: wet and dry. Needless to say, I only get to ride a bike during the dry season. Our dry season starts in late November and ends in May. I personally think that April and May are the best months for a bicycle ride since these two months are our break from school. I also enjoy riding my bicycle when I am in the countryside, because the air there is cooler and more clean.

I love autumn. I love being outdoors when the air is crisp and cool. I can't stand burning up and I can't stand freezing. Autumn is my favorite season.

It seems like Autumn is a particular favourite and while I don't mind it, a think a lot more care needs to be taken as the roads get greasy pretty quickly.

Also if there's rain in the air, with the fallen leaves around they can get slippery and a few times I've been out of my seat all because of a leaf!

I can understand people enjoying autumn riding a lot because of all the colour changes and for the temperature that is both not too cold and not too hot.

The leaves though, like you say it does become pretty slippery. They seem to turn into a sort of brown mush at the side of the road that's pretty tricky to ride through sometimes. Nice meaty tread on a tyre helps through.

I like cycling in any weather conditions except very very warm weather. And by very warm weather I mean 25+ degrees celsius (I'm Irish).

I'm more a -25 degrees celsius rider :p