Favorite Time Of Year To Ride?

limerickman said:
I like cycling in any weather conditions except very very warm weather. And by very warm weather I mean 25+ degrees celsius (I'm Irish).

I'm more a -25 degrees celsius rider :p
It just reminds me of early August 2003 when I think parts of Southern UK hit something like 38 degrees. I can normally deal tempretures up in the low 30's, but 38 was just too much. I remember walking the dog to the park and the air didn't have any coolness to it at all. It just felt warm.

When do you have the time? Really, this is the most important question of all. We all seem to have little things in our lives like work, family, health and other obligations that interfere with our riding! Guided tours have preset dates (click here for the current schedule we offer), but if those dates don’t work, you can always hire a bike and arrange your own trip, and/or do a self-drive tour, where the hotels are pre-booked for you. Just make sure to ride anywhere between May and October; November to April the weather is a bit too risky.
Mid September – mid October is our favorite time, but really, we’d ride it any time between May and October. It’s the ride of a lifetime no matter what the weather’s like

Summer, the heat doesn't bother me at all. I've been cycling in the winter, but the cold bothers my hands.

My favourite thing about riding in Autumn is getting ridiculously muddy and wet on my mountain bike, it makes me feel like a kid again when I’m so covered in dirt that I might as well just roll around on the floor!

I love riding when it's a little chilly so while you are speeding by, you feel the wind on your face contrasted to the heat you feel inside due to the exercise. It really is a feeling that can't be easily recreated (although I think there's a disease with similar symptoms :p )

Course with a question like this, a lot will depend on the country your from aswell, and when one person says they like riding in winter when it's a little chilly, they obviously don't mean the kind of winters that I have, when it's about 4 foot deep in snow and about -7!

I live on the water and like to ride my bike on the boardwalk. Crisp days in the spring and fall are great. Riding early morning or mid-day in the summer is fun, too, but not when the boardwalk is packed. However, I must say, riding at night for exercise is my favorite. It's rarely windy and there's very few people on the boardwalk. The conditions are ideal for a productive ride.

I love to ride late spring going into the summer, that's when the weather is jusT perfect for riding.

Definitely summer. Nothing beats that for me especially when the sun is all up and country is just green. Fresh and priceless.

Year around. Cold with clear roads is my favorite. 3 layers and a ski mask. I'm all about it. The only type of riding I don't particularly care for is rain. So, not a big fan of spring, though I grit my teeth and bear it. :)

I prefer end of summer season. There is just enough sun, wind and occasional rain which is just right for my frequent rides to a nearby shoreline.

Spring, it is not too hot and not too cold. The weather is lovely, and I love going to the park or cycling through campus where many cherry blossoms have bloomed.

I prefer cycling in the summer when the weather is clear and sunny. A nice addition is if the sun is setting down or early in the morning. On the other side I hate riding a bike in too hot weather conditions.

I like spring and full but I am little allergic to pollen.And part of the time in the spring have catkins.I hate summer because I am sweat easily

I'm down in Florida, so anytime there isn't humidity, which basically is from December to April. The humidity down here makes it very difficult to breathe sometimes and can almost feel like a 10-15 pound resistance. It's tough, but it gets done :) During the super hot months, you can find me tearing the stationary bikes up at the gym.

I rode early this morning, which is unusual as I don't often wake up early on Saturdays. The weather was a bit chilly but it was a great feeling riding during these cooler conditions. Naturally, things did get warmer later but I had already finished my ride.

Spring and autumn, it's not too hot nor is it too cold, just perfect weather. In spring everything is coming to life and the air is still nice and fresh, while in autumn there is nothing like riding in a forest with the fallen leaves all around you.