Favorite Time Of Year To Ride?

I usually bike during the summer. It's not too cold and its warm enough to actually wear shorts where we live haha! I would go in the spring too, but I would be very picky about the temperature outside. It has to be 60 degrees plus or its either wearing long sleeve or a no go.

I don't usually ride when raining. But I loved it when I do. The raindrops falling as bullets while sprinting makes me feel like I'm under an endurance drill while listening to 'eyes of the tiger'. Also I'm really fond of the sound caused by a wheel rolling over a fairly wet paved surface.

I'm definitely a fall guy as well. Where I live, October is the best time of the year in terms of the weather. The humid summer heat is in the rear view mirror and the brutal cold winter is still at least 2 months away. It's that perfect weather where you can comfortably ride in just cycling gear. At most, you put on a light sweater.

Course with a question like this, a lot will depend on the country your from aswell, and when one person says they like riding in winter when it's a little chilly, they obviously don't mean the kind of winters that I have, when it's about 4 foot deep in snow and about -7!
I can tell by the different posts the latitude in which the person posting probably lives in. I have some pretty brutal winter weather where I live. Even among the same region, winters can vary quite a bit. I went to school just a couple of hundreds miles north from my hometown, and it is a lot colder on average there in the winter time. The temps were regularly in the teens in the winter, while it was usually in the 30s back home.

I can tell by the different posts the latitude in which the person posting probably lives in. I have some pretty brutal winter weather where I live. Even among the same region, winters can vary quite a bit. I went to school just a couple of hundreds miles north from my hometown, and it is a lot colder on average there in the winter time. The temps were regularly in the teens in the winter, while it was usually in the 30s back home.

Where you are in the world, is definitely going to play a big part in what your favourite season is to cycle in. Here in the UK, while the winters are nowhere near as bad as they get elsewhere, they're bad enough to make a number of cyclists pack the bike away until the warmer weather comes again.

Having said that though, if we only cycled in good weather, then we'd only be able to cycle over here in the summer, and that's only if it stopped raining long enough!

I really enjoy spring and the beginning of the summer. It is not hot of cold it is just right and you have that wonderful warm breeze that gives energy and adds up to the meaning of life. It is really great and this is the period actually that should be active right now but instead of that it is snowing in Serbia. It is like around zero degrees Celsius and I really do not feel like it's May. I just hope we will see some sunlight before summer.

I really enjoy spring and the beginning of the summer. It is not hot of cold it is just right and you have that wonderful warm breeze that gives energy and adds up to the meaning of life. It is really great and this is the period actually that should be active right now but instead of that it is snowing in Serbia. It is like around zero degrees Celsius and I really do not feel like it's May. I just hope we will see some sunlight before summer.

Well here in the UK, it's only just started getting to be nice weather, as spring so far as just consisted of rain and winds up to now.

When it comes to the weather over here though, I don't know if it's a typically British thing, but we're never happy, we're either too hot or too cold!

Spring & Fall usually do nicely for me where I live. This of course is for temperature preference and daylight, but I don't care for rain and we get plenty of that year round in the region I live in.

Summer, easily. Specially when the day is very hot, and you only go for a ride in the end of the day, so there's a fresh feeling to it, and while you're riding you feel the wind on your face. Winter is the worst, I hate rain and bad weather.

Spring & Fall usually do nicely for me where I live. This of course is for temperature preference and daylight, but I don't care for rain and we get plenty of that year round in the region I live in.
Those are the best times, it's not too hot or too cold. These are also the allergy seasons but if you can past that it's worth will taking out the bike for a spin.