favorite workout

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by steve kaspar, Aug 16, 2009.

1. steve kaspar

steve kaspar New Member

whats everyone's key weekly workout. with the season being in full swing now, i imagine most are racing saturday or sunday. whats your mid week hard workout??
    talked to one of my training partners, and he told me another team member we hardly see, other than at races, and who is having a great season, is doing very hard 3-4-5 minute all out intervals on his trainer mid week..
    half dozen with plenty rest to recover..
    his best year ever and he's outside 1 day a week!!!! rest of his time he's on his trainer.. short recovery rides, or intervals...
    3 weeks on 1 off week..
    steve

Tags:

2. sub7bikes.co.uk

sub7bikes.co.uk New Member

Steve,
    Mid week, if I'm racing I would look at a hill sprint session, try a 5-6mile circuit that contains 2-3 climbs.I (and this is what I do) ride at a recovery level 1, and ride the climb for the first 2 thirds at 80% intensity, then 100% the final third.I would probably do 4 laps to get into the swing of it.Most important of all is the easy recovery between the climbs.
    Very tough but enjoy!:)

3. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

ride. ride harder. ride harder than everyone around. add beer then repeat.

run. run till you puke. add beer. repeat.

4. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

and never look back. it's not as if there'll be anyone to see there anyway..:D

5. Denny418

Denny418 New Member

Back in the day, I always was impressed by friends who could drink till they puked, then continue drinking as if nothing happened. The few times I party puked, I was out of commission for days.

6. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

i didn't mean it as quite literally as it may have sounded to you, denny, but rather maybe a few after a ride.

7. Denny418

Denny418 New Member

Pussy!

8. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

twit. i've had my fair share of phucked up skating and biking days, the latter of those two in recent as i've also urban assult and dirt jumped a slight bit and you know what that crowd is like and if you don't let me just say PHUCK YOU, CUPCAKE!! :D

not into drinking like that any longer although i am still known to go apesh!t.

9. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

and i wasn't really saying phuck you, cupcake! :D