Favourite destination to visit/holiday at

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Time to re-heat this topic now that the forum is up and open for business again.

Posters favourite destination to visit/holiday at.

I’ve been lucky enough to have visited quite a few countries and they all have their pros and cons
as destinations to visit/holiday in.

Memorable places include :

Roma : fantastic city to visit. Food is superb. Spent most days walking round Centrico Historico looking at church’s/
galleries/ancient ruins – and drinking copious amounts of coffee.
The architecture alone is worth travelling to Rome to see.
And as for the gelato!
One word of warning ; don’t go there during high summer : temperatures are boiling!

Paris : second to Rome, on my list of favourite cities to visit. Montmartre, Sacre Coeure, Left bank, Rue de Rivelli, Champs.
Magnifique.
Le Cuisine – superb as well.
One of the best meals I have ever eaten was in a lovely restaurant just off Avenue Emile Zola.
Eiffel Tower, Louvre...................the list goes on.

Munich : fabulous place : Bavarian food, wholesome filling and tastes marvellous. Weisse Bier, the best in the world
in my opinion (better even than Guinness).
Social scene in or around Marianplatz is a must.
Plenty of places to visit : BMW Welt, Olympic Stadium.
Again highly recommended.

USA : NYC and Fort Myers Florida.
Love to visit NYC : plenty to see and do there and the fact that it is a melting pot means that you get all sorts of people
from many cultures. Love the diversity of the place.
Fort Myers is a great place to visit as well. Weather is magnificent (when there are no tropical storms!).
Again food/drink is top class. If you get the chance visit Naples and take in a meal at the Ritz hotel, there.
I had the best meal ever there – and it was very reasonably priced too.