Fax published in Fuentes Scandal naming Basso and Jan

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Powerful Pete, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

The www.gazzetta.it website is breaking news of the Suddeutsche Zeitung (read it here) publishing a handwritten fax by Fuentes which names Ivan and Jan (amongst others) and refers to 'participants in a festival in May' (reference to the Giro?).

The Gazzetta site goes on to say, in the same article, that the Guardia Civil is in possession of information that confirms that Ullrich (referred to as 'N.1') paid 60,000 Euro and Basso (referred to as 'N.2') paid 50,000 Euro for doping assistance.

The reference (for the Italian speakers) is here.

This is very, very sad. :( :mad:

Tags:

2. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Bad English translation here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.gazzetta.it/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dla%2Bgazzetta%2Bdello%2Bsport%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

and bad copy of fax....

3. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I think CH has a copy of this document. Don't give up yet

4. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Did Ullrich get more or better gear than Basso or is Basso just better at haggling?

I wonder if payments were made in cash or if financial transaction records exist.

5. portia

portia New Member

One of Fuentes´ German accomplices was spotted by the German Federal Police (BKA). He´s the head of a department at an orthopedic clinic in Thuringia. His home in Lower Saxony was searched as well as his rooms at the clinic. Police say they have found ample proof that he was in league with Fuentes and supplied him with Synacthen or so.

Police also assume that there is a vast net of doctors in Germany who are members of a doping ring.

Ullrich´s lawyer stated today he does not want to comment all the nonsense that is produced by the media, he will make a statement on all of the accusations in due time. He labelled them "rubbish".

6. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Yes i posted it as an attachment on the "Ullrich has gone underground and refused internal T-Mobile DNA tests...." thread ( http://www.cyclingforums.com/t353926.html ). I don't think it makes sense to start a new thread with every new development... (Landis here, Landis says this, Landis says that, Ullrich was eating again, Ludwig wants Ullrich to stop eating etc. etc:D )

7. acpinto

acpinto New Member

Don´t know if it is the right thread...

How the f**k they don´t find any documents on other sports.

To my knowledge fuentes has confessed that there were footballer, tenists and other sports involved.

P.S. not convicting anyone, but if Nadal was named i won´t be surprised!

8. poulidor

poulidor New Member

So do I.

9. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member

Yes Nadal must be a WADA wet dream.

No documents on other sports because there was a cover up. One top Spanish football club would have more clout than all the UCI pro teams put together. And then OP was on home soil, and the world cup was coming up.

And even then there would be less outrage than catching a cyclist. Look at Juventus in the early 1990s. Systematic doping within the whole club. The dawning of the EPO age as well. Coincidence? I think not. No doubt Cecchini or Ferrari were somehere in the shadows there.

And then when the whole thing was brought to light, absolutely nothing happened.

Everyone's favourite centre back, Fabio Cannavaro, world cup winning captain was caught on film being administered something and made a comment on camera suggesting this was a routine. Zidane admitted to being on a program but didnt know what exactly he was given. And if Luca Vialli wasn't on a Steroid program, then Floyd Landis is innocent too. The difference in physique between Vialli at Sampadoria and Vialli at Juventus was absolutely stupendous.

I don't know how the athletics fraternity got away clean from OP as it was mentioned long distance runners were in there.

10. cynic

cynic New Member

Besides tennis, I bet he could probably run a sub 10 100 meter.;)

11. acpinto

acpinto New Member

Spanish new genaration in athletics had put out many talents.

Specially marathon, 10 000m ,5 000m , 1500m.