Fear to lose the training...

gontxo_nos

Jan 12, 2016
Hello, my training season ended on May 15 when I finish the MTB Marathon of 3 days. After that date, I have a break the bike training during 3 weeks for a injury.

After these three weeks, I returned much better although with higher pulse, somewhat normal. Only it made routes to enjoy in my bike because my training session has ended on May 15.

Just 3 weeks ago, I suffered a sharp fall and I had to sew the knee :(. Now I have no points, but has yet to regenerate tissue. Luckily, I have nothing broken, it's just flesh and skin.

I think I'll don't ride with the bike 4 to 6 weeks at least. Until it heals completely.

This year I trained a lot and I'm afraid to lose all training. Also I'm a little sad because in October, by work, I can not take the bike.

I will lose much?, I'm really worried and do not stop mulling...:(.

Thanks in advance.

FWIW ...

To state the obvious, EVERYONE is different ...

I believe that the amount of falloff will depend on your actual level of fitness + your personal physiology (i.e., your age-and-genes) ......

Surprisingly (as you may have become aware), atrophy can occur in just a few days ...

I believe that if you are fairly dedicated-and-focused in your training then it probably shouldn't take more than a MONTH to restore ~95+% of the muscle's mass & strength to whatever it was just before the accident-and-surgery.

It may take longer to fully recuperate, of course ...

Of course, that last 5% may-or-may-not occur sooner-rather-than-later
.​
If you are as dedicated as Adrian Peterson was, then you will recuperate sooner-rather-than-later.​