February 38 degree delirium ride

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
    morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
    ride in weeks. I was slow as shit and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
    dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
    Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!

    /s

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    supabonbon wrote:
    > January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
    > morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
    > ride in weeks. I was slow as shit and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
    > dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
    > Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
    >
    > /s

    Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless of
    temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)

    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

  3. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]<nospam>schnauzers.ws> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > supabonbon wrote:
    > > January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
    > > morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
    > > ride in weeks. I was slow as shit and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
    > > dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
    > > Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
    > >
    > > /s
    >
    > Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless of
    > temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)
    >
    > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

    Whereabouts?

    /s

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    supabonbon wrote:
    > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]<nospam>schnauzers.ws> wrote in message news:<3c-
    > [email protected]>...
    >> supabonbon wrote:
    >>> January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
    >>> morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
    >>> ride in weeks. I was slow as shit and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
    >>> dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
    >>> Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
    >>>
    >>> /s
    >>
    >> Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless
    >> of temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)
    >>
    >> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws
    >
    > Whereabouts?
    >
    > /s

    You can view our ride schedule at www.jerseyactionriders.org. This Sunday is Wissahickon Park in
    Philadelphia, PA. I think the closest ride to you will be Allaire State Park in NJ. We have slow
    pokes (like me) and adrenaline nuts as well (20+ MPH uphill), so your sure to work up a sweat even
    in subfreezing temps. There is a North Jersey ride group as well (may be closer for you):
    http://www.rvccmtb.com/

    Hope to see you on a ride one Sunday.