February 38 degree delirium ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Supabonbon

January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
ride in weeks. I was slow as **** and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!

/s

supabonbon wrote:
> January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
> morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
> ride in weeks. I was slow as **** and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
> dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
> Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
>
> /s

Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless of
temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)

o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@<nospam>schnauzers.ws> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> supabonbon wrote:
> > January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
> > morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
> > ride in weeks. I was slow as **** and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
> > dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
> > Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
> >
> > /s
>
> Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless of
> temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)
>
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

Whereabouts?

/s

supabonbon wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@<nospam>schnauzers.ws> wrote in message news:<3c-
> [email protected]>...
>> supabonbon wrote:
>>> January was a tough slog. The weather finally gave us a break. It was in the upper 30's this
>>> morning, the first foray above freezing in a long time. I rode the old Kona in to work, my first
>>> ride in weeks. I was slow as **** and heaved out mouthfuls of snot on Chambers Street. My January-
>>> dormant chemicals were rejoicing. I was out in the Central Park during lunch without a coat on.
>>> Funny how 40 deg starts feeling like 60. Wheee!
>>>
>>> /s
>>
>> Oh c'mon SBB! Come on out one Sunday and join the JAR group in South Jersey. We ride regardless
>> of temps. We'll make you feel like 15 with a windchill of -10 is 60. :)
>>
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws
>
> Whereabouts?
>
> /s

You can view our ride schedule at www.jerseyactionriders.org. This Sunday is Wissahickon Park in
Philadelphia, PA. I think the closest ride to you will be Allaire State Park in NJ. We have slow
pokes (like me) and adrenaline nuts as well (20+ MPH uphill), so your sure to work up a sweat even
in subfreezing temps. There is a North Jersey ride group as well (may be closer for you):
http://www.rvccmtb.com/

Hope to see you on a ride one Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.