Fed Up With This Damned Rain!!!

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Why is it it always raining in this bloody country? :mad: :( :mad: I've been trying to finish painting my boat for weeks now and there seems no way. Every day I have any free time it's raining. :confused: :confused:
I'm seriously thinking about going back to Spain - and taking my boat and bikes with me.

Is it raining over there?
We normally get rain before you guys - this weekend it's was forecast as being unsettled here.
Rained all day friday.
Yesterday was off and on.
Ditto today.
But between showers - it's been very pleasant.

Got pisssed on twice today during a 90 mile spin.
You just pack the rain jacket as a matter of course in my part of the world.

Carrera said:
Why is it it always raining in this bloody country? :mad: :( :mad: I've been trying to finish painting my boat for weeks now and there seems no way. Every day I have any free time it's raining. :confused: :confused:
I'm seriously thinking about going back to Spain - and taking my boat and bikes with me.

This frustration is linked to my boat. I've been doing up an old wreck for the last year and still have more painting to do. The problem is the rain foils me every time I have a free day from work.
Having said that, although I still cycle in the rain, one of my recent crashes was caused by it. I was hit by a taxi coming on my left and the rain slowed my brakes down so there was no way of avoiding impact. It was a nasty crash indeed.
To be honest, this weather is vial over here. I'm hoping to try and paint on Tuesday but if it's still raining I'll be knackered. No way can I risk getting water on the paintwork.
Seems like my only hope is to pull the boat under a canal bridge and just accept it ain't going to stop. :(

limerickman said:
Is it raining over there?
We normally get rain before you guys - this weekend it's was forecast as being unsettled here.
Rained all day friday.
Yesterday was off and on.
Ditto today.
But between showers - it's been very pleasant.

Got pisssed on twice today during a 90 mile spin.
You just pack the rain jacket as a matter of course in my part of the world.

I know people might roll with laughter but this is what I started with. This boat was virtually in danger of sinking when I took it over. Let's just say this pic is a few months old and the boat today in no way resembles this today.
It's situated many miles from where I live so to get there I ride my bike. That means riding home sometimes in the dark.
Since this pic was taken the boat has been cleaned, the paint stripped off, fibreglass gelcoat added where necessary and now I'm finishing the painting. The enginbe and fuel sytem is being overhauled too.
When I'm done, prepare yourself for a new pic. This boat cost me just 100 pounds. She first cruised the waterways in the seventies but has been totally neglected.
The fun is in restoration but if only this horrible rain would let me get on with the job and finish.

Carrera said:
I know people might roll with laughter but this is what I started with. This boat was virtually in danger of sinking when I took it over. Let's just say this pic is a few months old and the boat today in no way resembles this today.
It's situated many miles from where I live so to get there I ride my bike. That means riding home sometimes in the dark.
Since this pic was taken the boat has been cleaned, the paint stripped off, fibreglass gelcoat added where necessary and now I'm finishing the painting. The enginbe and fuel sytem is being overhauled too.
When I'm done, prepare yourself for a new pic. This boat cost me just 100 pounds. She first cruised the waterways in the seventies but has been totally neglected.
The fun is in restoration but if only this horrible rain would let me get on with the job and finish.
Are you sure you didn't find that boat in Louisiana? With people living in it?:p

Carrera said:
This frustration is linked to my boat. I've been doing up an old wreck for the last year and still have more painting to do. The problem is the rain foils me every time I have a free day from work.
Having said that, although I still cycle in the rain, one of my recent crashes was caused by it. I was hit by a taxi coming on my left and the rain slowed my brakes down so there was no way of avoiding impact. It was a nasty crash indeed.
To be honest, this weather is vial over here. I'm hoping to try and paint on Tuesday but if it's still raining I'll be knackered. No way can I risk getting water on the paintwork.
Seems like my only hope is to pull the boat under a canal bridge and just accept it ain't going to stop. :(
That's a bit odd. Since 4th June we've been roasted to bits down here in Surrey. Last week it rained, and all my Moslem friends and I sat in the yard and enjoyed getting soaked. And what's more none of the Midland Track Leagues have been rained off. You're an out an out liar.

I once fell in the canal too. The floor gave way below me and I dropped 6 feet down. That was the day I was removing that crazy shelter someone had fixed up.
The boat will be fine, though. Patience is required. I've known people remove wrecks from below the water and restore them. One guy removed a wreck dated about 1920 and restored it totally. It took him about 4 years.

nns1400 said:
Are you sure you didn't find that boat in Louisiana? With people living in it?:p

Here, it's raining at this minute.
Forget the Midland Track Leagues. You need to score with some women and get rid of your frustrations. ;)

FredC said:
That's a bit odd. Since 4th June we've been roasted to bits down here in Surrey. Last week it rained, and all my Moslem friends and I sat in the yard and enjoyed getting soaked. And what's more none of the Midland Track Leagues have been rained off. You're an out an out liar.

That boat you bought for £100 is now soaking up a lot more of your money. Not to mention time and effort. And if the engine is as seriously knackered as the rest of it, then the worst is yet to come.
The south of England has been experiencing something of a drought this year, tho' that now seems to be over. I got very wet riding home t'other evening, on a bike without mudguards in a torrential downpour. Other than that it's been dry runs for me as far back as I can remember.

Carrera said:
Here, it's raining at this minute.
Forget the Midland Track Leagues. You need to score with some women and get rid of your frustrations. ;)
You're wrong Crappy, I'm one of your ancient Greek and spartan poofters.

FredC said:
Widespread acceptance (or even institutionalisation) of homosexuality seems to be one of the markers that a civilisation is in terminal decline.

Och a canny tell ya ha much yer make us all laugh, laddy. Now if ya don't mind am gonna be havin me a wee dram as a no have to work tonight. :p

MountainPro said:
Thats us had Billy Connolly and now Frank Carson...

Yes but I'm winning, Don. I can' t quit now, especially in view of the fact I found a really good engineer to help. He told me today there's a fuel lift pump missing apparently so that needs sorting. Still, I reckon the old boat will be going in some 3 weeks. I just hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow as I'm painting no matter what.

Don Shipp said:
That boat you bought for £100 is now soaking up a lot more of your money. Not to mention time and effort. And if the engine is as seriously knackered as the rest of it, then the worst is yet to come.
The south of England has been experiencing something of a drought this year, tho' that now seems to be over. I got very wet riding home t'other evening, on a bike without mudguards in a torrential downpour. Other than that it's been dry runs for me as far back as I can remember.

Personally, I couldn't really care less whether people or gay or lesbian or transgendered or whatever. However, the term you used in Spanish is "maricon" and is widely used.
I recall sitting with a married couple in Navarra once and they were showing a gay pride march in Barcelona on TV. The guy looked at me and said: "Mariposas!" which is Spanish for butterflies! :confused:
Why the Spanish use the term butterflies I have no idea.

FredC said:

Funnily enough, Billy Connoly confessed to having been a poofta at one stage.