Feedback wanted on Ritchey Road OCR rims

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alan, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in 32 hole.
    It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim.
    It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

    I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
    these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

    Thanks,

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. aefish-<< I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in
    32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a
    normal rim. It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very
    similar. >><BR><BR>

    Might look at Velocity Aeroheads also..Very nice OCR rear....

  3. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    FWIW, I've had two of them crack around the spoke holes - both 32h rims with an OCR Pro sticker on
    them. At only 145 lbs I don't normally break equipment. I replaced them with Velocity Aerohead OCR
    rims. So far so good.

    Nick

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
    > I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey
    OCR
    > road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish
    > required with a normal rim. It looks like there are
    3
    > different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

  4. Dave S

    Dave S Guest

    > I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
    > these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

    Since you are looking for lightweight, this rules out Ritchey's OCR Trekking rim. However, if you
    want bombproof, they are worth a look. I just built up a 36 hole pair for cross and fire road
    riding. They are way to new to comment on durability but if I have any problems with them, I'll
    post a note.

    Dave

  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Thanks. I got my answer.

    Alan "Nick Payne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > FWIW, I've had two of them crack around the spoke holes - both 32h rims
    with
    > an OCR Pro sticker on them. At only 145 lbs I don't normally break equipment. I replaced them with
    > Velocity Aerohead OCR rims. So far so
    good.

    > Nick
    >
    > "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
    > > I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey
    > OCR
    > > road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w
    Campy
    > > hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim. It looks like there
    are
    > 3
    > > different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

  6. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in 32 hole.
    > It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a normal
    > rim. It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.
    >
    > I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
    > these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

    No idea but we build a lot of Velocity AeroHead OC which are good rims and very available.

    And they put their own name on what they make.

  7. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
    > I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey
    OCR
    > road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish
    > required with a normal rim. It looks like there are
    3
    > different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.
    >
    > I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
    > these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alan

    I don't have the OC version, but I do have a pair of the non-offset rims that are very nice. I also
    have had a pair of Velocity rims. Also very nice.

    Either one are going to build a very nice wheel.

    Mike