Feedback wanted on Ritchey Road OCR rims

Alan

Guest
I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in 32 hole.
It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim.
It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

Thanks,

Alan

aefish-<< I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in
32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a
normal rim. It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very
similar. >><BR><BR>

Might look at Velocity Aeroheads also..Very nice OCR rear....

FWIW, I've had two of them crack around the spoke holes - both 32h rims with an OCR Pro sticker on
them. At only 145 lbs I don't normally break equipment. I replaced them with Velocity Aerohead OCR
rims. So far so good.

Nick

"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
> I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey
OCR
> road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish
> required with a normal rim. It looks like there are
3
> different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

> I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
> these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

Since you are looking for lightweight, this rules out Ritchey's OCR Trekking rim. However, if you
want bombproof, they are worth a look. I just built up a 36 hole pair for cross and fire road
riding. They are way to new to comment on durability but if I have any problems with them, I'll
post a note.

Dave

Thanks. I got my answer.

Alan wrote:

> I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR road rims in 32 hole.
> It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish required with a normal
> rim. It looks like there are 3 different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.
>
> I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
> these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?

No idea but we build a lot of Velocity AeroHead OC which are good rims and very available.

And they put their own name on what they make.

"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
> I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey
OCR
> road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy hubs due to the dish
> required with a normal rim. It looks like there are
3
> different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.
>
> I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you have any feedback about
> these rims? Do you know what company actually manufactures these rims?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

I don't have the OC version, but I do have a pair of the non-offset rims that are very nice. I also
have had a pair of Velocity rims. Also very nice.

Either one are going to build a very nice wheel.

Mike