Feeding the resident troll

wafflycat

Guest
May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
> responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
> The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

What troll? :)

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
> w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
>> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
>> responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
>> The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
>> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.
>>

> What troll? :)

_Which_ troll? ;)

wafflycat wrote:
> Kill-files are your friend.

Kill file created, containing only one person.

Martin.

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
> w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
>> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
>> responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
>> The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
>> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.
>>

> What troll? :)

I don't know.

Anyway, some idiot the other day was saying that wheels stand on their
spokes when everyone knows that they hang from them.

That kind of person would ride an aluminium bike despite the fact that
everyone knows that aluminium frames break all the time.

They probably have the kind of death wish that means they ride on the
roads without a helmet.

I'm sure they wouldn't pay any road tax or stop at red lights.

Bet you didn't know I lived under a bridge, did you?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:05:16 +0000, wafflycat wrote:

> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.
> that responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering
> paws. The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

Well, actually, you may not.
I reserve the right to use my killfile as I please and I don't like these
"suggestions" as to how it should be used.

Grow up.

--
Mike
Van Tuyl titanium Dura Ace 10

Rob Morley wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
> w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...

> > May I respectfully draw the attention of.....
> >

> What troll? :)

Why did you have to reply?

Now I've seen the message you replied to ;-)

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

> Anyway, some idiot the other day was saying that wheels stand on their
> spokes when everyone knows that they hang from them.
>
> That kind of person would ride an aluminium bike despite the fact that
> everyone knows that aluminium frames break all the time.
>
> They probably have the kind of death wish that means they ride on the
> roads without a helmet.
>
> I'm sure they wouldn't pay any road tax or stop at red lights.

The sort of cad who uses Shimano componentry also.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:51:33 -0600, mb <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:05:16 +0000, wafflycat wrote:
>
>> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.
>> that responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering
>> paws. The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
>> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

>Well, actually, you may not.
>I reserve the right to use my killfile as I please and I don't like these
>"suggestions" as to how it should be used.

While I fully support your rights, for the sake of those who don't
want to read what young Matt has to say, I recommend prefixing replies
[CITC], that makes it trivial, for those who want to read young Matt's
drivel, to killfile the thread.

>Grow up.

Now *that* was unnecessary.

--
My name is Tom Crispin, and I used to be a troll feeder.
It has been about a month since I last replied to Troll B.

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> They probably have the kind of death wish that means they ride on the
> roads without a helmet.

Nah, someone with a *real* death wish rides around wearing bibshorts.

Pat Lamb wrote:
> Rob Morley wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
>> w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
>>> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
>>> responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
>>> The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
>>> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.
>>>

>> What troll? :)

> _Which_ troll? ;)

Why troll???

wafflycat wrote:
> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.
> that responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering
> paws. The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

Okay, I have chucked my last bun.

Stale.

Sniper8052

Martin Dann wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
>> Kill-files are your friend.

> Kill file created, containing only one person.

I used to have one like that. It was during some bloody silly argument
about a sig-separator. After a few weeks, I deleted it, and behaviour
seems to have been reasonable since.

However, I now have a different one-person kill file. So I just see the
those pointless half-conversations on cellphones on the train.

"Dan Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Pat Lamb wrote:
>> Rob Morley wrote:
>>> In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
>>> w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
>>>>

>>> What troll? :)

>> _Which_ troll? ;)

> Why troll???

How droll ;-)

In article <[email protected]>, Pat Lamb
[email protected] says...
> Rob Morley wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
> > w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...
> >> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.that
> >> responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering paws.
> >> The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
> >> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.
> >>

> > What troll? :)

> _Which_ troll? ;)

No, "What troll?" If I could see two or more and I wanted one to be
pointed out I would ask "Which troll?", but as I don't see any ...

In article <[email protected]>, Ambrose
Nankivell
firstname+'n'@gmail.com says...
<snip>

> Bet you didn't know I lived under a bridge, did you?

So how /do/ bikes steer and balance?
:)

In article <[email protected]>, John B
[email protected] says...

> Rob Morley wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat
> > w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com says...

> > > May I respectfully draw the attention of.....
> > >

> > What troll? :)

> Why did you have to reply?
>
> Now I've seen the message you replied to ;-)

Hehe :)

wafflycat wrote:
> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.
> that responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering
> paws. The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

I've not read that much of what Matt says but most of it seems
reasonable, bear in mind I am all for strict imposition of speeding laws
, black boxes in all cars etc.

In terms of logic and ability to present a reasoned argument I would say
Matt is well above average for the group.

Why are you so insecure that you have to make this attempt to stifle
him. Can you not accept viewpoints different from your own?

in message <[email protected]>, mb
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:05:16 +0000, wafflycat wrote:
>
>> May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c.
>> that responding to the local troll is playing exactly into its festering
>> paws. The best way to deal with a troll is to starve it of the oxygen of
>> responding - *any* responding. Kill-files are your friend.

> Well, actually, you may not.
> I reserve the right to use my killfile as I please and I don't like these
> "suggestions" as to how it should be used.
>
> Grow up.

OK, I rarely say publicly when I'm killfiling people, because I don't think
it's polite. But you're now joining Matt B in my killfile, because I don't
want to read him, and if you're going to follow up to him I can't help it.
Yes, I know this is hypocritical. But I let myself down yesterday, as well
as annoying people I respect; and I don't want to do it again.

... a mild, inoffensive sadist...

in message <[email protected]>, John
Hearns ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, some idiot the other day was saying that wheels stand on their
>> spokes when everyone knows that they hang from them.
>>
>> That kind of person would ride an aluminium bike despite the fact that
>> everyone knows that aluminium frames break all the time.
>>
>> They probably have the kind of death wish that means they ride on the
>> roads without a helmet.
>>
>> I'm sure they wouldn't pay any road tax or stop at red lights.
>>

> The sort of cad who uses Shimano componentry also.

No, John! That's /too/ much. One can accuse a chap of wearing white socks,
or riding a red bicycle. But Shimano..? One doesn't mention these things.

Gentlemen just _don't_.

;; Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
;; do it from  religious conviction."          -- Pascal