Feel icky

great NSV, Lee
skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I had a buffallo burger on a really good whole wheat bun and excellent (spicy) barbeque sauce on
> it for 7. I don't need a cow burger anymore.
>
> Had a NSV today. I was late getting up for work and packed my lunch
anyway.
> In addition to packing my lunch I resisted the temptation to go out to eat at lunchtime (for a
> burger) and had what I packed.
>
> I probably could have done better if I didn't snack as much, but sometimes you gotta snack.
>
> Julie
>

> "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
> > myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1
> > pt, I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food
> > tooth for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!
> >
> > Linda P
> >
> > On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:35:54 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could
taste
> it
> > >and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
> burger
> > >anyway.
> > >
> > >Half a day OP...that's something.
> > >
> > >Julie
> > >
> > >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > >berlin.de...
> > >Lee

> and
> think
> > >wouldn't

> > >overwelming
> thought
> > >wanted
> limitation.
> in

> > >back
> day

LOL, Lee
Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fred wrote:

> > >That's what I like about it too: tonight is saussage a chips night!
Low fat
> > >saussages and low fat oven chips, and fresh green veg: 6 points! :)
Follow it
> > >with a couple of zero fat half point each WW yoghurts, and a complete
meal can be
> > >had for a total of 7 points.
> >
> > I guess, in this case it is WeightWatchers yoghurts and not WHOLE WHEAT ones (G)
>
> Oh, yes! Whole wheat yog sounds about as apatizing as liquid cardboard...
>

> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I'm not too picky either about which steak, most times I just grab the leanest looking thing on the
shelf. Last weekend I bought a nice lean roast, cut it into quarters, froze three and ground the
other up for burgers (that was Saturday). The roast was way cheaper than the steaks as it usually
is. It sure tastes alot better than the ground beef we can buy off the shelf, and the best part is I
know there's no added fat.

Brenda

> I guess I don't desire it enough to figure out which steak to grind and then grind it (G)
>
> I could imagine it would be very fresh and more wholesome.
>
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:40:25 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I've had the odd hamburger, but made at home, ground the beef myself, so
> >know it's very lean and broiled or barbequed. I do the same as you at McDonalds, not that I go
> >there much, but if I do I have the grilled
chicken
> >without sauce.
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> You know, I do not think that I have had a hamburger at all since starting with WW. Maybe, one
> >> but I really don't recall any. Even at bbq's I've had either steak, fish or ribs (pre-boiled,
> >> so pretty lowfat) At McDonald's on road trips, it has been the chicken sandwich without sauce

> >taste

> >there,

> >having

Originally I
> >later

> >came
> >another

Good show Julie!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

How do you "grind" or use processor to make hamburger?

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:54:30 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm not too picky either about which steak, most times I just grab the leanest looking thing on the
>shelf. Last weekend I bought a nice lean roast, cut it into quarters, froze three and ground the
>other up for burgers (that was Saturday). The roast was way cheaper than the steaks as it usually
>is. It sure tastes alot better than the ground beef we can buy off the shelf, and the best part is
>I know there's no added fat.
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I guess I don't desire it enough to figure out which steak to grind and then grind it (G)
>>
>> I could imagine it would be very fresh and more wholesome.
>>
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:40:25 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I've had the odd hamburger, but made at home, ground the beef myself, so
>> >know it's very lean and broiled or barbequed. I do the same as you at McDonalds, not that I go
>> >there much, but if I do I have the grilled
>chicken
>> >without sauce.
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>week's
>> >taste

>> >there,

>drained
>don't
>> >having

>Originally I
>> >later

>> >came
>> >another

I have a Kitchen Aid mixer with a meat grinder attachment. It works great and I use it often. It
also has a sausage stuffer attachment that works really well.

Brenda

> How do you "grind" or use processor to make hamburger?
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:54:30 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm not too picky either about which steak, most times I just grab the leanest looking thing on
> >the shelf. Last weekend I bought a nice lean roast, cut it into quarters, froze three and ground
> >the other up for
burgers
> >(that was Saturday). The roast was way cheaper than the steaks as it usually is. It sure tastes
> >alot better than the ground beef we can buy
off
> >the shelf, and the best part is I know there's no added fat.
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I guess I don't desire it enough to figure out which steak to grind and then grind it (G)
> >>
> >> I could imagine it would be very fresh and more wholesome.

> >chicken

at
sandwich

> >week's

> >drained
> >don't

Jerry's
> >Originally I

Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to make
pasta with it, too.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:07:02 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a Kitchen Aid mixer with a meat grinder attachment. It works great and I use it often. It
>also has a sausage stuffer attachment that works really well.
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> How do you "grind" or use processor to make hamburger?
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:54:30 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm not too picky either about which steak, most times I just grab the leanest looking thing on
>> >the shelf. Last weekend I bought a nice lean roast, cut it into quarters, froze three and ground
>> >the other up for
>burgers
>> >(that was Saturday). The roast was way cheaper than the steaks as it usually is. It sure tastes
>> >alot better than the ground beef we can buy
>off
>> >the shelf, and the best part is I know there's no added fat.
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>so
>> >chicken

>at
>sandwich

>> >week's
>could
>with

>in

>> >drained
>> >don't
>they

>too
>Jerry's
>as I
>> >Originally I
>in

>we

Thanks Connie.

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:4047D10E.9080701@nospam_primus.ca...
> Good show Julie!!
>
> Connie
>
> skiur wrote:
> > I had a buffallo burger on a really good whole wheat bun and excellent (spicy) barbeque sauce on
> > it for 7. I don't need a cow burger anymore.
> >
> > Had a NSV today. I was late getting up for work and packed my lunch
anyway.
> > In addition to packing my lunch I resisted the temptation to go out to
eat
> > at lunchtime (for a burger) and had what I packed.
> >
> > I probably could have done better if I didn't snack as much, but
sometimes
> > you gotta snack.
> >
> > Julie
> >

> > "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
> >>myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1
> >>pt, I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food
> >>tooth for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!
> >>
> >>Linda P

> > it

> > burger

> > and

> > think

> > thought

> > limitation.

> > in

> > day

> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I
didn't appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I want to make sure I get the full
benefit of it's use. I must mention though that I haven't used the pasta attachment as often as I'd
like. I seem to use the sausage and grinding attachment much more. Perhaps this weekend DS and I
will try the pasta attachment. It's supposed to rain like heck here so it would be a good weekend to
do some inside stuff!

Brenda

> Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to make
> pasta with it, too.
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:07:02 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I have a Kitchen Aid mixer with a meat grinder attachment. It works
great
> >and I use it often. It also has a sausage stuffer attachment that works really well.
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> How do you "grind" or use processor to make hamburger?

> >burgers
buy
> >off

> >so

Even
> >at
> >sandwich

> >could
> >with

> >in

> >they

> >too
> >Jerry's
> >as I
> >in

> >we

Tell your husband that this gift will last forever, might make him feel even better. I've had mine
for over 25 years now, and it's still going strong.

Joyce

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I
>didn't appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I want to make sure I get the full
>benefit of it's use. I must mention though that I haven't used the pasta attachment as often as I'd
>like. I seem to use the sausage and grinding attachment much more. Perhaps this weekend DS and I
>will try the pasta attachment. It's supposed to rain like heck here so it would be a good weekend
>to do some inside stuff!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to make
>> pasta with it, too.
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:07:02 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a Kitchen Aid mixer with a meat grinder attachment. It works
>great
>> >and I use it often. It also has a sausage stuffer attachment that works really well.
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>> >burgers
>buy
>> >off

>myself,
>> >so
>at

>Even
>> >at
>> >sandwich

>this
>> >could
>> >with

>hang
>> >in

>too
>of
>him
>> >they

>> >too
>> >Jerry's
>much
>> >as I
>time
>it
>> >in

>and
>> >we
>is

It IS RAINING like heck here. And it to continue. I probably will attempt to drive and ski tomorrow.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I
>didn't appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I want to make sure I get the full
>benefit of it's use. I must mention though that I haven't used the pasta attachment as often as I'd
>like. I seem to use the sausage and grinding attachment much more. Perhaps this weekend DS and I
>will try the pasta attachment. It's supposed to rain like heck here so it would be a good weekend
>to do some inside stuff!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to make
>> pasta with it, too.
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:07:02 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a Kitchen Aid mixer with a meat grinder attachment. It works
>great
>> >and I use it often. It also has a sausage stuffer attachment that works really well.
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>> >burgers
>buy
>> >off

>myself,
>> >so
>at

>Even
>> >at
>> >sandwich

>this
>> >could
>> >with

>hang
>> >in

>too
>of
>him
>> >they

>> >too
>> >Jerry's
>much
>> >as I
>time
>it
>> >in

>and
>> >we
>is

I love mine. It's very handy even just making cakes, cookies or bread, not that I do that often, but
I find that mixing by hand is a killer on my wrists. I've had surgery on both hands a few times and
they just don't seem to be as strong as they used to be, so the Kitchen Aid makes a big difference.
I don't know how my grandma used to do all her baking without a mixer. Guess you get used to it.
When we were kids she'd be up at 6 or so on Saturday morning, get out her large plastic baby bath
and begin mixing up her large batch of bread. It consisted of about 20-24 loaves, kept her busy all
day long. I'll never forget how great that bread was, all done by hand. She still makes it now, but
usually 3-4 loaves at a time. I don't eat much of it now, can't stop once I get started!

Brenda

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Tell your husband that this gift will last forever, might make him feel
even
> better. I've had mine for over 25 years now, and it's still going strong.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I
> >didn't appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I want to make sure I get the full
> >benefit of it's use.
> >must mention though that I haven't used the pasta attachment as often as
I'd
> >like. I seem to use the sausage and grinding attachment much more.
Perhaps
> >this weekend DS and I will try the pasta attachment. It's supposed to
rain
> >like heck here so it would be a good weekend to do some inside stuff!
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to
> >> make pasta with it, too.

> >great

> >buy

> >myself,
> >at

> >Even

> >this

> >hang

> >too
> >of
> >him

> >much
> >time
> >it

> >and
> >is

We may have gotten a bit of your residual storm. I don't
remember it raining hard, but it was constant for about 24
hours ... makes some for wonderful mud outside (and now
inside). The winds though, nasty! Friday morning and
afternoon we were having gusts up to 60MPH - power
flickering on and off constantly - really put my UPS backup
system to a good workout. <G> I also found that 60mph gusts
and a 130 pound woman don't get along together well. I don't
remember having this much trouble walking before. LOL It's
calm out once again, nice and sunny today, but cold again.
Temps back down to the 40's. Springtime in the midwest. <G>

Joyce

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:15:04 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It IS RAINING like heck here. And it to continue. I
>probably will attempt to drive and ski tomorrow.
>
>On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often
>>as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I didn't
>>appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I
>>want to make sure I get the full benefit of it's use. I
>>must mention though that I haven't used the pasta
>>attachment as often as I'd like. I seem to use the
>>sausage and grinding attachment much more. Perhaps this
>>weekend DS and I will try the pasta attachment. It's
>>supposed to rain like heck here so it would be a good
>>weekend to do some inside stuff!
>>
>>Brenda
>>
>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Oh, I have that attachment, too. Just have not used it
>>> in years and I do mean YEARS. Use to make pasta with
>>> it, too.

>>great

>>buy

>>myself,
>>at

>>Even

>>this

>>hang

>>too
>>of
>>him

>>much
>>time
>>it

>>and
>>is

I swear, there is nothing that is as good as *real* homemade
bread. The breadmachine stuff is good, but somehow just not
the same as the loaves that are kneaded and kneaded and
kneaded. <G> I don't use the kitchenaid for much anymore, it
resides in the basement due to the amount of space I am
unwilling to give it in my kitchen or on my countertop. I
did relent and purchase a standard hand mixer, is nice for
the occassional cake, potatoes or whatever. The kitchenaid
is more for heavy duty things like cookies.

Joyce

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:16:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often
>> >as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I didn't
>> >appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I
>> >want to make sure I get the full benefit of it's use.
>> >must mention though that I haven't used the pasta
>> >attachment as often as
>I'd
>> >like. I seem to use the sausage and grinding attachment
>> >much more.
>Perhaps
>> >this weekend DS and I will try the pasta attachment.
>> >It's supposed to
>rain
>> >like heck here so it would be a good weekend to do some
>> >inside stuff!
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Well, you can have this newer storm, now, too!

But be careful playing human kite. Oh, a new toy to
consider - UPS system. Actually, we have very few power
failures, luckily.

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:57:19 -0600, Joyce
<[email protected]> wrote:

>We may have gotten a bit of your residual storm. I don't
>remember it raining hard, but it was constant for about 24
>hours ... makes some for wonderful mud outside (and now
>inside). The winds though, nasty! Friday morning and
>afternoon we were having gusts up to 60MPH - power
>flickering on and off constantly - really put my UPS backup
>system to a good workout. <G> I also found that 60mph gusts
>and a 130 pound woman don't get along together well. I
>don't remember having this much trouble walking before. LOL
>It's calm out once again, nice and sunny today, but cold
>again. Temps back down to the 40's. Springtime in the
>midwest. <G>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:15:04 -0800, Fred
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It IS RAINING like heck here. And it to continue. I
>>probably will attempt to drive and ski tomorrow.
>>
>>On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:03:04 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I try to use my Kitchen Aid and the attachments as often
>>>as I can. I wouldn't want DH to think I didn't
>>>appreciate the gift, considering how expensive it was I
>>>want to make sure I get the full benefit of it's use. I
>>>must mention though that I haven't used the pasta
>>>attachment as often as I'd like. I seem to use the
>>>sausage and grinding attachment much more. Perhaps this
>>>weekend DS and I will try the pasta attachment. It's
>>>supposed to rain like heck here so it would be a good
>>>weekend to do some inside stuff!
>>>
>>>Brenda
>>>
>>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>great

>>>buy

>>>myself,
>>>at

>>>Even

>>>this

>>>hang

>>>too
>>>of
>>>him

>>>much
>>>time
>>>it

>>>and
>>>is

I believe mine is made by APC - have had it now for maybe 3
years and still going strong. I was told by my guru friend
that this should be the first thing I invest in (after I had
lost a bunch of **** in a power outage). Basically, a surge
protector with battery backup so your computer doesn't shut
down when the power goes out. I think mine gives me
something like 10 minutes to save data, exit and shut down
safely. It's nice, especially when that power is constantly
surging on and off - computer just keeps going without so
much as a flicker. When in battery mode the thing beeps,
letting you know (guess in case you can't see that the house
is now dark). This has come in handy though, when the power
dies in the family room and I'm elsewhere ... I can hear
that computer beeping away and know to either check the
circuit breakers or whatever. It also came with some
software, not sure why. I never installed it, only use the
thing as a battery backup - don't see why I need to control
it from the computer. <g>

Joyce

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:10:59 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, you can have this newer storm, now, too!
>
>But be careful playing human kite. Oh, a new toy to
>consider - UPS system. Actually, we have very few power
>failures, luckily.
>

>On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:57:19 -0600, Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>We may have gotten a bit of your residual storm. I don't
>>remember it raining hard, but it was constant for about 24
>>hours ... makes some for wonderful mud outside (and now
>>inside). The winds though, nasty! Friday morning and
>>afternoon we were having gusts up to 60MPH - power
>>flickering on and off constantly - really put my UPS
>>backup system to a good workout. <G> I also found that
>>60mph gusts and a 130 pound woman don't get along together
>>well. I don't remember having this much trouble walking
>>before. LOL It's calm out once again, nice and sunny
>>today, but cold again. Temps back down to the 40's.
>>Springtime in the midwest. <G>
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:15:04 -0800, Fred
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>It IS RAINING like heck here. And it to continue. I
>>>probably will attempt to drive and ski tomorrow.

Oh, big brother, UPS. That is probably what it does -
feedback mechanism to shut it down if you are not around.

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 10:28:55 -0600, Joyce
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I believe mine is made by APC - have had it now for maybe 3
>years and still going strong. I was told by my guru friend
>that this should be the first thing I invest in (after I
>had lost a bunch of **** in a power outage). Basically, a
>surge protector with battery backup so your computer
>doesn't shut down when the power goes out. I think mine
>gives me something like 10 minutes to save data, exit and
>shut down safely. It's nice, especially when that power is
>constantly surging on and off - computer just keeps going
>without so much as a flicker. When in battery mode the
>thing beeps, letting you know (guess in case you can't see
>that the house is now dark). This has come in handy though,
>when the power dies in the family room and I'm elsewhere
>... I can hear that computer beeping away and know to
>either check the circuit breakers or whatever. It also came
>with some software, not sure why. I never installed it,
>only use the thing as a battery backup - don't see why I
>need to control it from the computer. <g>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:10:59 -0800, Fred
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Well, you can have this newer storm, now, too!
>>
>>But be careful playing human kite. Oh, a new toy to
>>consider - UPS system. Actually, we have very few power
>>failures, luckily.
>>

>>On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:57:19 -0600, Joyce
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>We may have gotten a bit of your residual storm. I don't
>>>remember it raining hard, but it was constant for about
>>>24 hours ... makes some for wonderful mud outside (and
>>>now inside). The winds though, nasty! Friday morning and
>>>afternoon we were having gusts up to 60MPH - power
>>>flickering on and off constantly - really put my UPS
>>>backup system to a good workout. <G> I also found that
>>>60mph gusts and a 130 pound woman don't get along
>>>together well. I don't remember having this much trouble
>>>walking before. LOL It's calm out once again, nice and
>>>sunny today, but cold again. Temps back down to the 40's.
>>>Springtime in the midwest. <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce

I love *real* homemade bread, so as a result, don't make it
very often. I do break down once in awhile and mix up a
batch of 4 loaves in my kitchenaid, but not for the last
year or so. I don't have a standard hand mixer, used to but
gave it so my sister several years ago. I may get another
one some day as they are very handy for things like cakes,
not that I do the cake thing often either.

I did make an anelfood cake today for dessert and we had it
with strawberry and peach slices. Some of us had whipped
cream, but my sister and I didn't!

Brenda

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I swear, there is nothing that is as good as *real*
> homemade bread. The breadmachine stuff is good, but
> somehow just not the same as the loaves
that are
> kneaded and kneaded and kneaded. <G> I don't use the
> kitchenaid for much
anymore,
> it resides in the basement due to the amount of space I am
> unwilling to
give it in
> my kitchen or on my countertop. I did relent and purchase
> a standard hand
mixer,
> is nice for the occassional cake, potatoes or whatever.
> The kitchenaid is
more
> for heavy duty things like cookies.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:16:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I love mine. It's very handy even just making cakes,
> >cookies or bread,
not
> >that I do that often, but I find that mixing by hand is a
> >killer on my wrists. I've had surgery on both hands a few
> >times and they just don't
seem
> >to be as strong as they used to be, so the Kitchen Aid
> >makes a big difference. I don't know how my grandma used
> >to do all her baking
without a
> >mixer. Guess you get used to it. When we were kids she'd
> >be up at 6 or
so
> >on Saturday morning, get out her large plastic baby bath
> >and begin mixing
up
> >her large batch of bread. It consisted of about 20-24
> >loaves, kept her
busy
> >all day long. I'll never forget how great that bread was,
> >all done by
hand.
> >She still makes it now, but usually 3-4 loaves at a time.
> >I don't eat
much
> >of it now, can't stop once I get started!
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Tell your husband that this gift will last forever,
> >> might make him feel
> >even
> >> better. I've had mine for over 25 years now, and it's
> >> still going
strong.

> >> Joyce

how
use.
as
> >I'd
> >Perhaps
> >rain

works
> >works

grab
> >the
nice
> >lean
> >for
as
> >it
can

> >grind

as
> >you
> >grilled

> >since
any.
> >pretty
chicken

of
bad
ended
> >up

message
progress,

feel
> >healed.
> >frequency

drain
> >was
Ben
> >&
as
would.
> >work

> >food
> >tomorrow

Joyce the software that your APC came with is probably
software that will shut your computer off for you
automatically if you aren't home in the event of a power
outage. Most of those units come with that software now.
Handy if you leave your computer on while you're not home.

wrote:

> >Well, you can have this newer storm, now, too!
> >
> >But be careful playing human kite. Oh, a new toy to
> >consider - UPS system. Actually, we have very few power
> >failures, luckily.
> >

> >On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:57:19 -0600, Joyce
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>We may have gotten a bit of your residual storm. I don't
> >>remember it
raining
> >>hard, but it was constant for about 24 hours ... makes
> >>some for
wonderful mud
> >>outside (and now inside). The winds though, nasty!
> >>Friday morning and
afternoon
> >>we were having gusts up to 60MPH - power flickering on
> >>and off
constantly - really
> >>put my UPS backup system to a good workout. <G> I also
> >>found that 60mph
gusts and
> >>a 130 pound woman don't get along together well. I don't
> >>remember
having this
> >>much trouble walking before. LOL It's calm out once
> >>again, nice and
sunny today,
> >>but cold again. Temps back down to the 40's. Springtime
> >>in the
midwest. <G>

wrote:

how
use. I
as I'd
Perhaps
rain

works
works

grab the
nice lean
for
as it
can

grind

as you
grilled

since
any.
pretty
chicken

of
bad I
ended up

message
progress,

feel
healed.
frequency

drain was
Ben &
as
would.
work

food
tomorrow

More than likely. I probably didn't see the necessity in
running something like that. If I'm gone, the computer may
be left on but all programs are shut down. It probably would
be a good thing to run in the background, I'm just too lazy
and hate having one more thing sucking up drive space and
memory. <G>

Joyce