Feel icky

Thanks for the info Brenda. It probably is a good thing to
have hooked up, I never did it. I do leave my computer on
when I'm not home, but close all applications. Guess Windows
could crash, but heck, it does anyway. <G>

Joyce

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:07:47 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Joyce the software that your APC came with is probably
>software that will shut your computer off for you
>automatically if you aren't home in the event of a power
>outage. Most of those units come with that software now.
>Handy if you leave your computer on while you're not home.
>
>Brenda
>

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I believe mine is made by APC - have had it now for maybe
>> 3 years and
>still going
>> strong. I was told by my guru friend that this should be
>> the first thing
>I invest
>> in (after I had lost a bunch of **** in a power outage).
>> Basically, a
>surge
>> protector with battery backup so your computer doesn't
>> shut down when the
>power
>> goes out. I think mine gives me something like 10 minutes
>> to save data,
>exit and
>> shut down safely. It's nice, especially when that power
>> is constantly
>surging on
>> and off - computer just keeps going without so much as a
>> flicker. When in
>battery
>> mode the thing beeps, letting you know (guess in case you
>> can't see that
>the house
>> is now dark). This has come in handy though, when the
>> power dies in the
>family
>> room and I'm elsewhere ... I can hear that computer
>> beeping away and know
>> either check the circuit breakers or whatever. It also
>> came with some
>software,
>> not sure why. I never installed it, only use the thing as
>> a battery
>backup -
>> don't see why I need to control it from the computer. <g>
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:10:59 -0800, Fred
>> <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >Well, you can have this newer storm, now, too!
>> >
>> >But be careful playing human kite. Oh, a new toy to
>> >consider - UPS system. Actually, we have very few power
> [...]

Computers can be a real pain in the ass can't they?

Brenda

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for the info Brenda. It probably is a good thing to
> have hooked
up, I
> never did it. I do leave my computer on when I'm not home,
> but close all applications. Guess Windows could crash, but
> heck, it does anyway. <G>
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:07:47 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Joyce the software that your APC came with is probably
> >software that will shut your computer off for you
> >automatically if you aren't home in the
event
> >of a power outage. Most of those units come with that
> >software now.
Handy
> >if you leave your computer on while you're not home.
> >
> >Brenda
> >

> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I believe mine is made by APC - have had it now for
> >> maybe 3 years and
> >still going
> >> strong. I was told by my guru friend that this should
> >> be the first
thing
> >I invest
> >> in (after I had lost a bunch of **** in a power
> >> outage). Basically, a
> >surge
> >> protector with battery backup so your computer doesn't
> >> shut down when
the
> >power
> >> goes out. I think mine gives me something like 10
> >> minutes to save
data,
> >exit and
> >> shut down safely. It's nice, especially when that power
> >> is constantly
> >surging on
> >> and off - computer just keeps going without so much as
> >> a flicker. When
in
> >battery
> >> mode the thing beeps, letting you know (guess in case
> >> you can't see
that
> >the house
> >> is now dark). This has come in handy though, when the
> >> power dies in
the
> >family
> >> room and I'm elsewhere ... I can hear that computer
> >> beeping away and
know
> >> either check the circuit breakers or whatever. It also
> >> came with some
> >software,
> >> not sure why. I never installed it, only use the thing
> >> as a battery
> >backup -
> >> don't see why I need to control it from the
> >> computer. <g>
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:10:59 -0800, Fred
> >> <[email protected]>

> >raining
> >wonderful mud
and
> >afternoon
> >constantly - really
60mph
> >gusts and
> >having this
> >sunny today,
> >midwest. <G>

> >how
> >use. I
often
> >as I'd
> >Perhaps
> >rain
stuff!

and

> >works
that
> >works

> >grab the
> >nice lean
up
> >for
steaks
> >as it
we
> >can

> >grind

beef
same
> >as you
the
> >grilled

all
> >since
> >any.
so
> >pretty
> >chicken

all
> >of
so
> >bad I
> >ended up

> >message
> >progress,

> >feel
> >healed.
> >frequency
talk

> >drain was
> >Ben &
enjoy
> >as
> >would.
due
I'll
> >work

much
> >food
> >tomorrow

LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a society
that is totally dependent on computers, grand machines that
they are. <just a BIT of sarcasm there) I was at the grocery
store last year, during a nasty thunderstorm. Power went
out, store could no longer function. The registers were
inoperable. They did have a generator, but it only produced
enough power to light a small portion of the store (so
people could see to get out), and only for a short time.
Take those cash registers away from the employees, and I've
found most have no clue as to how to figure making change
for purchases. <g>

Joyce

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:24:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>news:[email protected]...
>> Thanks for the info Brenda. It probably is a good thing
>> to have hooked
>up, I
>> never did it. I do leave my computer on when I'm not
>> home, but close all applications. Guess Windows could
>> crash, but heck, it does anyway. <G>
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:07:47 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Joyce the software that your APC came with is probably
>> >software that will shut your computer off for you
>> >automatically if you aren't home in the
>event
>> >of a power outage. Most of those units come with that
>> >software now.
>Handy
>> >if you leave your computer on while you're not home.
>> >
>> >Brenda
>> >

>> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message

CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:57:16 -0600, Joyce
<[email protected]> wrote:

>LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a
>society that is totally dependent on computers, grand
>machines that they are. <just a BIT of sarcasm there) I was
>at the grocery store last year, during a nasty
>thunderstorm. Power went out, store could no longer
>function. The registers were inoperable. They did have a
>generator, but it only produced enough power to light a
>small portion of the store (so people could see to get
>out), and only for a short time. Take those cash registers
>away from the employees, and I've found most have no clue
>as to how to figure making change for purchases. <g>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:24:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Computers can be a real pain in the ass can't they?
>>
>>Brenda
>>
>>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Thanks for the info Brenda. It probably is a good thing
>>> to have hooked
>>up, I
>>> never did it. I do leave my computer on when I'm not
>>> home, but close all applications. Guess Windows could
>>> crash, but heck, it does anyway. <G>
>>>
>>> Joyce

>>event
>>Handy

>>thing
>>the
>>data,
>>in
>>that
>>the
>>know

>>and
>>60mph

>>often
>>stuff!

>>and

>>that

>>up
>>steaks
>>we

>>beef
>>same
>>the

>>all
>>so

>>all
>>so

>>talk

>>enjoy
>>due
>>I'll

>>much

lol! hub is one of those cash persons - hates checks and
can't for the life of him figure out how to swipe a
credit card. <G> I have joked in the past that we will
become a cashless society. I now believe it will be
sooner than later.

Joyce

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 06:53:59 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?
>
>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:57:16 -0600, Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a
>>society that is totally dependent on computers, grand
>>machines that they are. <just a BIT of sarcasm there) I
>>was at the grocery store last year, during a nasty
>>thunderstorm. Power went out, store could no longer
>>function. The registers were inoperable. They did have a
>>generator, but it only produced enough power to light a
>>small portion of the store (so people could see to get
>>out), and only for a short time. Take those cash registers
>>away from the employees, and I've found most have no clue
>>as to how to figure making change for purchases. <g>
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:24:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Computers can be a real pain in the ass can't they?
>>>
>>>Brenda
>>>
>>>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>up, I

>>>event
>>>Handy

>>>thing
>>>the
>>>data,
>>>in
>>>that
>>>the
>>>know

>>>and
>>>60mph

>>>often
>>>stuff!

>>>and

>>>that

>>>up
>>>steaks
>>>we

>>>beef
>>>same
>>>the

>>>all
>>>so

>>>all
>>>so

>>>talk

>>>enjoy
>>>due
>>>I'll

>>>much

what is cash?

> CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?
>
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:57:16 -0600, Joyce
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a
> >society that is
totally
> >dependent on computers, grand machines that they are.
> ><just a BIT of
sarcasm
> >there) I was at the grocery store last year, during
> >a nasty
thunderstorm. Power
> >went out, store could no longer function. The registers
> >were inoperable.
They
> >did have a generator, but it only produced enough power
> >to light a small
portion
> >of the store (so people could see to get out), and only
> >for a short time.
Take
> >those cash registers away from the employees, and I've
> >found most have no
clue as
> >to how to figure making change for purchases. <g>
> >
> >Joyce
> >
> >On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:24:35 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Computers can be a real pain in the ass can't they?
> >>
> >>Brenda
> >>
> >>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...
hooked
> >>up, I
all
<G>

will
the
> >>event
> >>Handy

and
> >>thing
Basically, a
when
> >>the
> >>data,
constantly
When
> >>in
> >>that
in
> >>the
and
> >>know
some
battery

<[email protected]>

UPS

remember it
morning
> >>and
that
> >>60mph
remember
and

<[email protected]>

will

can.
considering
it's
> >>often
more.
supposed
> >>stuff!

years
> >>and

It
attachment
> >>that

just
bought a
other
> >>up
> >>steaks
beef
> >>we
fat.

steak

wholesome.

the
> >>beef
the
> >>same
have
> >>the

at
> >>all
recall
(pre-boiled,
> >>so
the

have
> >>all
burger
> >>so
healthier. I

in

news:[email protected]...

afterwhich
haven't
the
> >>talk

emotional
went
> >>enjoy
it
plan
> >>due
think
> >>I'll

too
> >>much
and

It's like drawings on paper and people think it's worth
something...

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> what is cash?
>
> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?
> >
> > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:57:16 -0600, Joyce
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a
> > >society that is
> totally
> > >dependent on computers, grand machines that they are.
> > ><just a BIT of
> sarcasm
> > >there) I was at the grocery store last year, during a
> > >nasty
> thunderstorm. Power
> > >went out, store could no longer function. The
> > >registers were
inoperable.
> They
> > >did have a generator, but it only produced enough power
> > >to light a
small
> portion
> > >of the store (so people could see to get out), and only
> > >for a short
time.
> Take
> > >those cash registers away from the employees, and I've
> > >found most have
no
> clue as
> > >to how to figure making change for purchases. <g>
> > >
> > >Joyce

> hooked
close
> all
> <G>

that
> will
> the
now.

> and
first
> Basically, a
> when
save
> constantly
> When
see
> in
> and
> some
> battery

> <[email protected]>

> UPS

> remember it
> morning
> that
> remember
nice
> and
the

> <[email protected]>

> will

> can.
> considering
of
> it's
as
> more.
> supposed
inside

> years

> It
> attachment

> just
> bought a
> other
the
> beef
> fat.

> steak

> wholesome.

> the
> the
> have

hamburger
> at
> recall
> (pre-boiled,
> the

> have
> burger
> healthier. I

> in
> > >>> >> >>>>> >> >> >> >>
> news:[email protected]...
is

> afterwhich
> haven't
and
> the
have

> emotional
> went
didn't
> it
> plan
> think

> too
night
> and

After hearing today what I heard about the way one of our
financial institutions operates, I'm thinking of going back
to a lockbox under the bed
:)

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
notice: http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> what is cash?
>
> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?
> >
> > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:57:16 -0600, Joyce
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >LOL! That sums it up very well! And we have become a
> > >society that is
> totally
> > >dependent on computers, grand machines that they are.
> > ><just a BIT of
> sarcasm
> > >there) I was at the grocery store last year, during a
> > >nasty
> thunderstorm. Power
> > >went out, store could no longer function. The
> > >registers were
inoperable.
> They
> > >did have a generator, but it only produced enough power
> > >to light a
small
> portion
> > >of the store (so people could see to get out), and only
> > >for a short
time.
> Take
> > >those cash registers away from the employees, and I've
> > >found most have
no
> clue as
> > >to how to figure making change for purchases. <g>
> > >
> > >Joyce

> hooked
close
> all
> <G>

that
> will
> the
now.

> and
first
> Basically, a
> when
save
> constantly
> When
see
> in
> and
> some
> battery

> <[email protected]>

> UPS

> remember it
> morning
> that
> remember
nice
> and
the

> <[email protected]>

> will

> can.
> considering
of
> it's
as
> more.
> supposed
inside

> years

> It
> attachment

> just
> bought a
> other
the
> beef
> fat.

> steak

> wholesome.

> the
> the
> have

hamburger
> at
> recall
> (pre-boiled,
> the

> have
> burger
> healthier. I

> in
> > >>> >> >>>>> >> >> >> >>
> news:[email protected]...
is

> afterwhich
> haven't
and
> the
have

> emotional
> went
didn't
> it
> plan
> think

> too
night
> and

I've only heard about it from my grandmother ;-)

"skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KsmdnXnL_uGP9tPd3cwC-
[email protected]...
> It's like drawings on paper and people think it's worth
> something...
>
> "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > what is cash?
> >
> > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > CHANGE FOR PURCHASES? People use cash?

is
> > totally
> > sarcasm
> > thunderstorm. Power
> inoperable.
> > They
> small
> > portion
> time.
> > Take
have
> no
> > clue as

> > hooked
> close
> > all
anyway.
> > <G>

> that
> > will
in
> > the
> now.

years
> > and
> first
> > Basically, a
down
> > when
> save
> > constantly
flicker.
> > When
> see
dies
> > in
away
> > and
with
> > some
> > battery

> > <[email protected]>

consider -

wrote:

> > remember it
for
> > morning
off
> > that
> > remember
> nice
> > and
> the

> > <[email protected]>

probably
> > will

> > can.
> > considering
> of
> > it's
attachment
> as
much
> > more.
> > supposed
> inside

in
> > years

attachment.
> > It
> > attachment

times
> > just
> > bought a
the
> > other
> the
ground
> > beef
added
> > fat.

which
> > steak

> > wholesome.

ground
> > the
do
> > the
> > have

message
> hamburger
> > at
> > recall
> > (pre-boiled,
been
> > the

Violette"

still
> > have
> > burger
> > healthier. I

wrote
> > in
> > > >>> >> >>>>> >> >> >> >>
> > news:[email protected]...
> is
message

news:[email protected]...

> > afterwhich
> > haven't
> and
> > the
> have

> > emotional
but
> > went
> didn't
thought
> > it
changed
> > plan
> > think

had

JulieB wrote:
> After hearing today what I heard about the way one of our
> financial institutions operates, I'm thinking of going
> back to a lockbox under the bed
> :)

Where do you live again??

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

Australia - don't panic :)

--

JulieB wrote:
> Australia - don't panic :)

I was just going to help myself to your lock box!!
--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
241.5/197/191.5

JulieB wrote:
> "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message
>
>>JulieB wrote:
>>
>>>Australia - don't panic :)
>>>

>>I was just going to help myself to your lock box!!
>

> <snicker> There wouldn't be all that much in it
> unfortunately!

Would there be enough to pay for the flight from Canada,
asks Connie hopefully?

--

> JulieB wrote:
> > "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message

> >>I was just going to help myself to your lock box!!
> >

> > <snicker> There wouldn't be all that much in it
> > unfortunately!
> >

> Would there be enough to pay for the flight from Canada,
> asks Connie hopefully?

Ha! If there was that much *I'd* be flying *to* Canada!