feel like an idiot

> I do not do the slow down signal but I use right and left signals when
there

The stopping signal is clearly illustrated in the highway code for all to see, so if anyone doesn't
understand it they are at fault.I regard it as an elementary part of driving knowledge, not in the
least exotic.

By being seen to be doing the right thing one is doing one's bit for road safety in general and
should not be embarrassed.The only sneers would come from people who don't know their Highway Code
and they deserve only contempt and to be shown a good example; and avoid them because they're
dangerous.

Terry J

[email protected] wrote: ( On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:21:33 -0000, "Danny Colyer" )
<[email protected]> wrote: ( > I remember my FIL mentioning his ) >experience that a cager
who will sit quite happily behind a 1500cc ( >motorbike travelling at the speed limit will do just
about anything to ) >get past a 125 going at the same speed. ( ) Danny ( You've lost me: What's a
FIL? ) James

You should worry... I'm trying to imagine a driver doing "just about anything" to get past a
twenty-five year old double-ended diesel train pottering along the road at the speed limit.

"Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I feel like a bit of an idiot using hand siginals, couple of other issues as well.
>
> Does anyone use that up down arm movement to signify slowing down, when coming up to a parked car
> drivers expect me to swerve out to the middle, however when stopping I need to do that arm
> movement and no-one understands it.

Sometimes in dangerous situations I try that with both arms, but I've never managed to get off
the ground.

"905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I feel like a bit of an idiot using hand siginals, couple of other
issues as
> > well.
> >
> > Does anyone use that up down arm movement to signify slowing down, when coming up to a parked
> > car drivers expect me to swerve out to the middle, however when stopping I
need
> > to do that arm movement and no-one understands it.
> >

> Sometimes in dangerous situations I try that with both arms, but I've never managed to get off
> the ground.

But it is the signal for an emergency stop!

(on the original point, I occasionally use the slowing down signal, for amusement value if nothing
else. Mostly to tell people I'm riding with what I'm doing.)

cheers, clive

> "905" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Sometimes in dangerous situations I try that with both arms, but I've never managed to get off
> > the ground.
>
> But it is the signal for an emergency stop!

Uh-oh. No wonder all these accidents seem to happen behind me.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:40:59 -0000, "Clive George"

>> Sometimes in dangerous situations I try that with both arms, but I've never managed to get off
>> the ground.

>But it is the signal for an emergency stop!

Well, you certainly stop quickly enough...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

[email protected] (905) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Sometimes in dangerous situations I try that with both arms, but I've never managed to get off
> the ground.

It's generally best not to flap in an emergency. :)

--
Dave...