FEELER: Group Buy 12 watt HID light to Australia

missionaryman

Mar 3, 2006
Hi Folks,

If you're like me and live in Australia then you too prbably find yourself needing to pay $600 or more for the most basic Top Peak Moonshine 10 watt HID light which is a rip off.
I'm speaking with a company in China who make high quality HID lights and now has a 12w bike light that they will heavily discount for me if I can get an order together for about 20 kits.

Here are some specs:

*12 watt HID = 500 lumen or about the same as a 35 watt halogen
*Daylight white colour temp
*your choice of bar or helmet mount
*your choice of 4.2 hour or 3.5 hour run time battery pack - cost dependant
*your choice of square belt clip battery pack or a round pack that clips where your pump goes
*6 or 12 degree reflector (flood or throw)
*3 different filters for flood, fog or to reduce clour temp
*charger and extension cable
*car charger
*waterproof
*carry bag
*comes in a proper branded presentation box

Any questions just ask and I'll get them answered, these guys have great customer service and they speak English competently. They are very communicative and offer a fair warranty.

Battery packs are Sony Lithium Ion - top quality

Indicative pricing is $350 per kit and postage will be $10 Australia wide via express post. The whole kit in the box weighs 1.5kg - not sure what the bike mounted weight is but I can find out if you need me to.

You can add extra items to your kit like both reflectors or an extra battery, charger, bulb - etc, the cost would be minimal if you did it now.

Just to let you all know, I personally would love one of these but can't really afford one right now so I won't be ordering and to be completely transparent with you all - I don't intend on making a profit from this excercise and will advise costs as accurately as possible. My brother is a senior customs officer and he is helping me get this costed and done through all the right channels to avoid any unforseen costs or delays.

This is a non binding feeler thread - please state your interest here and if we get enough people interested I'll get a sign up thread happening and then a payment thread.

Pics to follow pending permission from the company