Feelin' guilty 'bout easy recovery rides

MikeHains

Jan 26, 2005
My coach sets hard days. This are crazy hard.

My coach sets rest days, and recovery days.

For the first time ever I've treated the word "recovery" seriously. I didn't sprint. I didn't power up hills. My heart rate average was ridiculously low (108bpm).

The result, is that I'm jumping out of my skin. I just want to go and ride again (and ride hard !). Tomorrow and the next day are endurance rides of 60km (Sat) and 200km (Sun). It seems to me these just aren't going to be hard enough to make up for the easy recovery day.

Am I really supposed be chafing this much to go out and ride hard again ? :eek:

Regards, MJH

Do the easy days. Welcome them. They are as useful as the hard days. Your body gets a chance to recover, and you may even become stronger on your subsequent "hard" days.

Even hard core pros do easy days. There is a reason.

MikeHains said:
My coach sets hard days. This are crazy hard.

My coach sets rest days, and recovery days.

For the first time ever I've treated the word "recovery" seriously. I didn't sprint. I didn't power up hills. My heart rate average was ridiculously low (108bpm).

The result, is that I'm jumping out of my skin. I just want to go and ride again (and ride hard !). Tomorrow and the next day are endurance rides of 60km (Sat) and 200km (Sun). It seems to me these just aren't going to be hard enough to make up for the easy recovery day.

Am I really supposed be chafing this much to go out and ride hard again ? :eek:

Regards, MJH

why not discuss this with your coach? he or she will be advise and let you know what's happening within the context of your overall programme. we can only second guess what your coach wants you to do. i'm assuming your coach has a master plan... obviously, if your coach can't or won't explain then we may need more answers to truly answer your query -- but ask your coach first - that's what they're there for!

ric