Feeling better now

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nobody760, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Nobody760

    Nobody760 Guest

    I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is out, other than local use of hack bike. I
    cracked today, she said she was going out all day, good I thought, I know what to do. Its cold here
    so I went down the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board, laid it down in the middle room over
    the carpet and turned the heating on to maximum Hawaii-style heat! Then for 4 hours I cleaned,
    adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished total love on my beloved bike! I feel better now
    and March is only around the corner.

    Please, please don't tell her will you!

    Tags:

  2. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    nobody760 wrote:
    > I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is out, other than local use of
    > hack bike. I cracked today, she said she was going out all day, good I thought, I know
    > what to do. Its cold here so I went down the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board,
    > laid it down in the middle room over the carpet and turned the heating on to maximum Hawaii-
    > style heat! Then for 4 hours I cleaned, adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished
    > total love on my beloved bike! I feel better now and March is only around the corner.
    >
    > Please, please don't tell her will you!

    She'll find out somehow you mark my words. Maybe it'll be the lingering smell of lubricant, maybe a
    fragment of cotton from the rag you used, maybe the dirt under your fingernails.

    What a fine way to spend an afternoon though.

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

  3. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:52:02 +0000, nobody760 wrote:

    > Please, please don't tell her will you!

    Your secret is safe with us. For a price.

    BTW, the deviousness of the furtive bike maintainer. Using a one-time only Hotmail address...

  4. > I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is out, other than local use of hack
    > bike. I cracked today, she said she was going out all day, good I thought, I know what to do.
    > Its cold here so I went down the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board, laid it down in the
    > middle room over the carpet and turned the heating on to maximum Hawaii-style heat! Then for 4
    > hours I cleaned, adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished total love on my beloved bike!
    > I feel better now and March is only around the corner.

    But that's what homes are for, the looking after of bikes in the winter months
    :)

    Cheers, helen s (with a bike in the library right now)

  5. Pk

    Pk Guest

    > Cheers, helen s (with a bike in the library right now)

    Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

    pk

  6. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:32:54 +0000 (UTC), in
    <[email protected]>, "PK"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >> (with a bike in the library right now)

    >Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

    Full of back issues of C+

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal

  7. Mark

    Mark Guest

    PK wrote:
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s (with a bike in the library right now)
    >

    > Library!!!!!!!!!!!?
    >
    > pk

    Up untill Sunday my windcheetah was in the conservatory.
    --
    Mark

    After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

  8. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  9. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:37:01 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
    wrote:

    >>Library!!!!!!!!!!!?
    >>
    >>pk
    >
    > Yup - I have a room which is used as a personal library

    I have this vision of madame sitting in a buttoned leather wing chair, in front of a blazin
    fire. Wearing a smoking jacket embroidered with the club badge, sipping Earl Grey. She is
    reading periodical magazine bound in fine kid leather, full of tales of derring do by muscular
    young men racing their velocipedes over the Alps. In the background a skivvy is black leading
    the precious Bianchi.

  10. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    John Hearns wrote:
    > In the background a skivvy is black

    You can't say that.

    >leading the precious Bianchi.

    Leading the precious white ?????

    OMG.

    --

  11. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

    > (with a bike in the library right now)

    My trike is currently resident in the living room, coz Cosimo the Stealth Baron (who normally lives
    in the conservatory) is in the kitchen having his brakes replaced...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  12. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    John Hearns wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:47:30 +0000, MSeries wrote:
    >
    >> John Hearns wrote:
    >>> In the background a skivvy is black
    >>
    >> You can't say that.
    >
    > Whyever not? I'm not sure I've ever SEEN black lead actually.

    Ah I see what you were getting at, not black skivvies at all.

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

  13. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    > Cheers, helen s (with a bike in the library right now)

    My Eddy Merckx lives in the kitchen.

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

  14. Mark McN

    Mark McN Guest

    Reply to Dave Larrington
    > My trike is currently resident in the living room

    1st Silly Ass: "Don't you mean lounge?" 2nd Silly Ass: "Well, no, you just sort of sit back
    and pedal..."

    Exeunt with tennis rackets via the french windows on stage right. Author increases the
    Benylin dosage.

    --
    Mark, UK, whose trike lives in t'front room.

  15. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MSeries wrote:

    > My Eddy Merckx lives in the kitchen.

    You really shouldn't anthropomorphise your bikes. It's just not healthy.

    And they don't like it.

    Simon

  16. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >
    >> My Eddy Merckx lives in the kitchen.
    >
    > You really shouldn't anthropomorphise your bikes. It's just not healthy.
    >
    > And they don't like it.
    >
    > Simon

    What ? Its an Eddy Merckx frame.

    --

  17. Mark McN wrote:

    > 1st Silly Ass: "Don't you mean lounge?" 2nd Silly Ass: "Well, no, you just sort of sit back and
    > pedal..."
    >
    > Exeunt with tennis rackets via the french windows on stage right. Author increases the
    > Benylin dosage.

    Frobisher: I went to a damn' violent school! Carruthers: Eton? Frobisher: Damn' nearly!

    (dies)

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  18. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MSeries wrote:

    > What ? Its an Eddy Merckx frame.

    Whoosh.

  19. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >
    >> What ? Its an Eddy Merckx frame.
    >
    > Whoosh.

    clang ! <--- The sound of the penny dropping ! :)

  20. On 2004-02-26, Dave Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My trike is currently resident in the living room, coz Cosimo the Stealth Baron (who normally
    > lives in the conservatory) is in the kitchen having his brakes replaced...

    Mine's in the garage, which is currently at freezing point. It did get brushed off, towled over and
    re-oiled after its trip out in the snow though.

    Its started to snow again now, but I'm too full of cold to want to try it again.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
    one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twilight Zone.