feeling weak

stevechow

Mar 11, 2006
i cycled intensive two nights ago. i am still feeling weak. what can i do for quick recovery. :D :D

First guess is eat something with carbs the try a less demanding ride.

Powerful Pete said:
Yup. Have pasta for dinner.

And tomorrow go for a 1.5/2 hour easy spin.
Pete, +1 for the post-ride pasta meal. At the Italy bike week this spring, the hotel served a great pasta buffet for returning riders mid-afternoon. We got back from the rides by 2 pm, just enough time to shower, change and head for the pasta, salad and desserts.

After eating, there was time to hit the hot mineral spa, a cold dip in the pool, then a nap back in the room before Campari time, dinner at 8 with a few glasses of wine, then early bedtime. A great routine for daily recovery....but not weight loss :)

dhk2 said:
Pete, +1 for the post-ride pasta meal. At the Italy bike week this spring, the hotel served a great pasta buffet for returning riders mid-afternoon. We got back from the rides by 2 pm, just enough time to shower, change and head for the pasta, salad and desserts.

After eating, there was time to hit the hot mineral spa, a cold dip in the pool, then a nap back in the room before Campari time, dinner at 8 with a few glasses of wine, then early bedtime. A great routine for daily recovery....but not weight loss :)
Ah the good life. You cannot have everything, you know. But what you had that week does not sound half bad...

dhk2 said:

a few glasses of wine?? you must be kidding :D :D i am already freaking dehydrated after cycling 3 hours. wine is so dry just like beer. i think warm stout is ok :p :p

Protein is crucial for muscle repair and a good source of energy. Iron is important, which you can get out of red meats, Iron is a natural energy enhancer and always makes ya feel tip top. Also try B12.
If you're a vegetarian like me, have rice protein drinks.
Also, get your hands on some Arnica.. either an oral spray or a rub down lotion.. works wonders for preventing aches and muscle fatigue.

stevechow said:
i cycled intensive two nights ago. i am still feeling weak. what can i do for quick recovery. :D :D
They are called "Recovery Drinks" and are normally best when taken 15 to 30 min after the ride. That's after intense long rides.

Shower, meals, beers, wine, what ever you like... later. And keep drinking water, in fact, dehydration might had had something to do with the way you felt.

Good luck!