feet warm

Spokes

Guest
I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:27:25 -0800 (PST), Spokes
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
>shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

Chemical foot warmers.

"Spokes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
> shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

Move to Southern Arizona and ride after 10am in the winter. Seriously,
it could be circulation and the fact you may be underdressed on the rest
of your body. Peripheral ciculation is therefore restricted to maintain
core temperature. It doesn't appear to be a lack of foot insulation.

Phil H

Phil Holman wrote:
> "Spokes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
>> shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

> Move to Southern Arizona and ride after 10am in the winter. Seriously,
> it could be circulation and the fact you may be underdressed on the rest
> of your body. Peripheral ciculation is therefore restricted to maintain
> core temperature. It doesn't appear to be a lack of foot insulation.

If your fingers and toes are cold, put on your hat.
- Old nordic skier's proverb

Bob Schwartz

On Jan 19, 2:27 pm, Spokes <[email protected]> wrote:
> I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
> shoes too tight but my toes still freeze.  any advice?

HOTRONICS. These will change your winter training life. You can ride
for hours at any temperature with no worries about your feet getting
cold. Once I got these, my feet stayed warm, and my hands never got
cold either. It's as if once I had my feet taken care of, the other
extremities were fine too.
http://www.hotronic.com/products/fw/index_m3.html

or

Lake winter cycling shoes
http://www.lakecycling.com/category.aspx?categoryID=36

On 1/19/08 12:27 PM, in article
5a82fbcb-a7e9-4c44-86fa-0528a7521926@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "Spokes"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
> shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

Sounds stupid but...............

Assuming you have room in your shoes,
I use 2 socks, thin cycling socks and then a pair of DeFeet Woolie Boolies.

You know how distance swimmers use something like Crisco on their skin to
keep from freezing in the 60 degree water?

I use a thick lotion like Lubriderm on my Arms and legs, face, hands very
liberally. Works very well to keep from wearing too much just to pack it
later...

I have also found out that rubbing lotion on my toes too (don't laugh!!) has
the same effect. If I need more I just add neoprene toe warmers. Layers is
what works.

In article
<5a82fbcb-a7e9-4c44-86fa-0528a7521926@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Spokes <[email protected]> wrote:

> I use wool biking socks booties and toe covers without tightening my
> shoes too tight but my toes still freeze. any advice?

Wriggle your toes.

--
Michael Press