Felix Cardenas

G

from prolinx.nu
2002-01-13
The Colombian Tour de France stage winner Felix Cardenas, last year with Kelme-Costa Blanca, has failed to get a contract for the up-coming season. He will now consentrate on studying in order to become a lawyer. How can this be after winning one of the toughest stages in the Tour just six months ago?

Does anyone else find this hard to beleive? The same thing happened to David McKenzie last year after he won a stage in the Giro.

cheers!

Cardenas got a contract a couple of days ago with the small Spanish team Jazztel-Costa de Almeria. Justice have been made!

Prolinx, do you think he'll be able to further his career there, tho? Is it the type of team that can set him up for bigger things?

Prolinx, do you think he'll be able to further his career there, tho? Is it the type of team that can set him up for bigger things?

Jazztel-Costa de Almeria will for sure do the Vuelta a España and all the other big races in Spain, if he performs well there he may move on to another team the following season.

Jazztel is propably nt going to ride the vuelta, bcause it says in the rules that the organicers shall pick the teams from a
sporting point of wiew and there is a lot of GS 1 teams ahead of them

Jazztel is propably nt going to ride the vuelta, bcause it says in the rules that the organicers shall pick the teams from a sporting point of wiew and there is a lot of GS 1 teams ahead of them

13 teams are already classified and will participate in the Vuelta. There are 14 candidates for the remaining 8 places: Colchon Relax-Fuenlabrada, Jazztel-Costa de Almeria, Gerolsteiner, Team Coast, Team Nürnberger, Phonak, Saeco, Mercatone Uno, AG2R, Jean Delatour, Acqua e Sapone, Milaneza-MSS, BigMat, LA Pecol.

I've heard that all Spanish teams have an agreement with their federation that they are free to participate in any Spanish race on the professional calender.

Maybe but if they do it dont include the major tours any more

Will we see Mercatone Uno with Pantani in it at the Vuelta, or is it a scaled down Mercatone team?

Saw a guy from Mercatone Uno racing round here a few weeks ago, he got his butt kicked bigtime. I can't beleive he's actually getting paid to ride, even the part timers here didn't get dropped on the first climb ::)
I doubt he would have finished a B grade crit at AFL park :)

i dont know his name, nor do I care ;D maybe he couldn't get his EPO through customs? hehe

later!

I don't think that they will get a wild card, they only have Pantani and he is only a shadow of himselv

I know Pantani is the bad boy of cycling, but I'd love to see him come back into form. The Tour would be even more interesting with him around.

TEXT

Felix went to CAGE.
It's strange but i think CAGE is a good team with Hernan Buenahora and Felix Cardenas as drivers.
But I even think Kelme is stuppid by selling Felix.
I hope Felix shows what kind of driver he is in the Giro D'Italia!

Bye Chr.Casero Coast

I understand that Cage Maglierie-Olmo hired Cardenas and a number of riders from the former Liquigas team. Could be a strong line-up. Anybody knows what they've achieved so far this year?

I understand that Cage Maglierie-Olmo hired Cardenas and a number of riders from the former Liquigas team. Could be a strong line-up. Anybody knows what they've achieved so far this year?

I can help with one result. Faust Dotti ran in a fourth in the Troffeo Laigueglia in mid February. Beyond that I don't know. ;)

I can help with one result.  Faust Dotti ran in a fourth in the Troffeo Laigueglia in mid February.  Beyond that I don't know. ;)

Wow, a terrific start into the season. ;)
Guess they'll have to show more than that to get an invitation for the Giro.

Ploner I hope you're not holding your breath for a Cage win. The best they rattled up in the Trofeo Pantalica was 23rd, 24th and 37th. ::) ::)

Ploner

If you're still holding your breath for Felix to get amongst them well he's not having the best of it. He's sitting in 26th after three stages of the Giro del Trentino.

Pantani is struggling in the same event. 8) 8) 8)

Cardenas won today the last stage of Giro del Trentino! It's a shame he won't be able to do the Giro d'Italia :'(