Felt B12 vs. Trek SC 7.8

BikerDude500

May 13, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am going for the Ironman Wisconsin in 9/2013 and planning on doing this for a long time. At the moment I have a Trek Aliph 1.5 and like it very much. I live in Florida and go to Chicago fairly often in the summers to do some training with my brother. So instead of taking my bike back and forth, I've decided to get another bike. This time, I want to get a TT bike and I've decided to get something good < $5K. I am stuck on 2 bikes and I will try to test them if the stores have them, but I can't decide between the Felt B12 and the Trek Speed Concept 7.8. Although money is not a serious issue for me, I don't want to spend needlessly. I will only get the more expensive, if it is better. I am somewhat new to the sport and don't understand much of the nuances of the the specs and I am not very familiar with the equipment as some of you seasoned pros. But I don't want to keep upgrading my bike every few years. I would rather get something very good now and stay with it. Please advice.

I went with a Specialized Shiv Expert, phenominal bike, I dont even ride my road bike anymore. The Shiv is more comfortable and faster all around

can i ask, what did you end up going for? having similar thoughts, either the felt da3 or the trek concept 7.8 but probably trek as more flexibility on the bontrager bars... small outsider is the van nicholas blaze but thats a whole different proposition..

I went with the shiv expert like the poster suggested. I hadn't considered it before, but after researching it and riding it, it was definitely the best one. But also the most expensive one of my choices. The P3 was a close 2nd and $1000 less