Felt Bikes - Any good?

anthonyjf

Aug 16, 2004
I am upgrading bikes, but the Trek bike I want is not available in my size due to 06's coming out. LBS does not know when the 06's will arrive, and since I sold my old bike, I am currentyly bikeless. Anyway, I was looking at the Felt's, and really liked them. Can anyone give me any positive or negative feedback? Thanks in advance.

I and my wife both have the Felt SR91 model. They refer to it as a Speed Bike. It is a road bike with a straight handlebar. We are both very happy with this bike. Felt seems to provide good value for the money with excellent components. I have nothing but good things to say about Felt. I have about 1000 miles on mine with no problems.

Good luck shopping!

I have bought 2 Felts over the past 15 months, I would buy a third, B2-650, :cool: if I could afford it.

I have friend, a lady over 50 and below 5', she has looked at the Trek 1000 WSD, Avanti Prima and the Felt SR 81 and SR 101, she wants a Felt SR 101-650 as she sees that as her best value for money and best fit. :)

Felt makes decent bikes! Depending on what you're looking to spend, I think their line matches up well against Cannondale's, maybe even a little better against Trek - with Felt, you get into Ultegra at $1,500.00 and partial DA at around $2,000.00.

Although I haven't heard much about their new Carbon frame yet- if the reviews match those of the Felt riders I've spoken with, it's probably a super nice ride.

i got into an F55 for 1800. solid bike so far but hard to give a real rec since i've only had it for about a month. but fwiw, it's been a great month! no case of buyer's remorse to report.

tried giant carbons and liked them a lot too.

anthonyjf said:
I am upgrading bikes, but the Trek bike I want is not available in my size due to 06's coming out. LBS does not know when the 06's will arrive, and since I sold my old bike, I am currentyly bikeless. Anyway, I was looking at the Felt's, and really liked them. Can anyone give me any positive or negative feedback? Thanks in advance.
First, I would like to give you a what's up from rainy Baton Rouge! :D Anyway, I've owned a couple of Felt bikes. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. I've owned a Felt F80, which was my first bike, and a Felt F1C, which I sold to by a new bike. I love my F80 so much I still ride it when the weather is crappy outside ... and we both know that weather in Louisiana is most of the time crappy. I now own a Pinarello Dogma, but I can honestly say that I'm probably never going to let go of my Felt.

After test riding dozens of bikes it came down to bianchi, specialized, and felt. I just bought a felt f-55, haven't taken delivery of it yet, but I'm real confident it was the right decision. It's basically full dura-ace/carbon crank with a sweet frame for under 2 grand. There was no other bike that offered anything remotely close to this value, and the geometry was perfect for me. It was just a homerun.

I have a f55 for several months now, Great bike. Your gonna love it. I paid well under $2k. For me it was better fit than the C'dale & Trek, had a ride quality that better suited my taste and came w/ DA components as laginappe. They do however change regularly what wheels they ship with. I believe currently the are using Easton's where mine came with American Classic AC420's

50mph said:
After test riding dozens of bikes it came down to bianchi, specialized, and felt. I just bought a felt f-55, haven't taken delivery of it yet, but I'm real confident it was the right decision. It's basically full dura-ace/carbon crank with a sweet frame for under 2 grand. There was no other bike that offered anything remotely close to this value, and the geometry was perfect for me. It was just a homerun.

I purchased the 2004 F45 last August feel great about the purchase.
If I had to buy this year I wouldn't hesitate getting the F55 or 35.

I had a choice between the eastons and the ac 420's. I chose the AC's, how do you like them? How's the durability been for you, do they stay true for you? How much do you weigh?

ChangMan - Will not be doing any riding today - looked like Armageddon over the Causeway bridge this morning. Anyway, I went to two lbs that carried Felt's (Eastbank Cyclery - Kenner and The Spokesman - Mandeville), and neither had any Felts in a 60cm. I did not want to wait for 06's because I am so impatient. I found a brand new '04 Cannondale R800 (model name changed to R900 in '05) from GNO Cyclery. The bike listed for $1,500.00 and was marked down to $1,250.00. I actully bought it for $1,100.00. I researched it prior to buying, and found that with the exception of a few complaints about the omega brakeset, it is a very good bike. I asked why it took so long to sell, and I was told that the demand for 60cm bikes are low. Worked out well for me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the Felts, and GEAUX TIGERS!

ChangMan said:
First, I would like to give you a what's up from rainy Baton Rouge! :D Anyway, I've owned a couple of Felt bikes. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. I've owned a Felt F80, which was my first bike, and a Felt F1C, which I sold to by a new bike. I love my F80 so much I still ride it when the weather is crappy outside ... and we both know that weather in Louisiana is most of the time crappy. I now own a Pinarello Dogma, but I can honestly say that I'm probably never going to let go of my Felt.

Congrats on your purchase. GNO is a good shop with alot of loyal customers. I am surprised you got a deal. I couldn't get them to come off of the price marked on a bile i wanted from them. If you get a chance go see Sam at Westbank cyclery. He has a great shop. Very helpfull and knowledgable as well. I make the trip form Mandeville to do business with him. I bought my f55 from him however, he has not recently had a 60cm in stock either. Maybe I'll se you on the trace.

anthonyjf said:
ChangMan - Will not be doing any riding today - looked like Armageddon over the Causeway bridge this morning. Anyway, I went to two lbs that carried Felt's (Eastbank Cyclery - Kenner and The Spokesman - Mandeville), and neither had any Felts in a 60cm. I did not want to wait for 06's because I am so impatient. I found a brand new '04 Cannondale R800 (model name changed to R900 in '05) from GNO Cyclery. The bike listed for $1,500.00 and was marked down to $1,250.00. I actully bought it for $1,100.00. I researched it prior to buying, and found that with the exception of a few complaints about the omega brakeset, it is a very good bike. I asked why it took so long to sell, and I was told that the demand for 60cm bikes are low. Worked out well for me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the Felts, and GEAUX TIGERS!

I have never been to Westbank Cyclery, but I must say that I have had nothing but good experiences from all LBS that I have been to - Eastbank Cyclery, Bikezone, GNO, and Spokesman. They are always helpful. I also live in Mandeville, so I'll definately run into you (hopefully not literally) on the trace.

gawnfishin said:
Congrats on your purchase. GNO is a good shop with alot of loyal customers. I am surprised you got a deal. I couldn't get them to come off of the price marked on a bile i wanted from them. If you get a chance go see Sam at Westbank cyclery. He has a great shop. Very helpfull and knowledgable as well. I make the trip form Mandeville to do business with him. I bought my f55 from him however, he has not recently had a 60cm in stock either. Maybe I'll se you on the trace.