Felt Bikes - Any good?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by anthonyjf, Jul 27, 2005.

1. anthonyjf

anthonyjf New Member

I am upgrading bikes, but the Trek bike I want is not available in my size due to 06's coming out. LBS does not know when the 06's will arrive, and since I sold my old bike, I am currentyly bikeless. Anyway, I was looking at the Felt's, and really liked them. Can anyone give me any positive or negative feedback? Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. jnovakone

jnovakone New Member

I and my wife both have the Felt SR91 model. They refer to it as a Speed Bike. It is a road bike with a straight handlebar. We are both very happy with this bike. Felt seems to provide good value for the money with excellent components. I have nothing but good things to say about Felt. I have about 1000 miles on mine with no problems.

Good luck shopping!

3. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

I have bought 2 Felts over the past 15 months, I would buy a third, B2-650, :cool: if I could afford it.

I have friend, a lady over 50 and below 5', she has looked at the Trek 1000 WSD, Avanti Prima and the Felt SR 81 and SR 101, she wants a Felt SR 101-650 as she sees that as her best value for money and best fit. :)

4. 3_days

3_days New Member

Felt makes decent bikes! Depending on what you're looking to spend, I think their line matches up well against Cannondale's, maybe even a little better against Trek - with Felt, you get into Ultegra at $1,500.00 and partial DA at around $2,000.00.

Although I haven't heard much about their new Carbon frame yet- if the reviews match those of the Felt riders I've spoken with, it's probably a super nice ride.

5. rc242

rc242 New Member

i got into an F55 for 1800. solid bike so far but hard to give a real rec since i've only had it for about a month. but fwiw, it's been a great month! no case of buyer's remorse to report.

tried giant carbons and liked them a lot too.

6. ChangMan

ChangMan New Member

First, I would like to give you a what's up from rainy Baton Rouge! :D Anyway, I've owned a couple of Felt bikes. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. I've owned a Felt F80, which was my first bike, and a Felt F1C, which I sold to by a new bike. I love my F80 so much I still ride it when the weather is crappy outside ... and we both know that weather in Louisiana is most of the time crappy. I now own a Pinarello Dogma, but I can honestly say that I'm probably never going to let go of my Felt.

7. 50mph

50mph New Member

After test riding dozens of bikes it came down to bianchi, specialized, and felt. I just bought a felt f-55, haven't taken delivery of it yet, but I'm real confident it was the right decision. It's basically full dura-ace/carbon crank with a sweet frame for under 2 grand. There was no other bike that offered anything remotely close to this value, and the geometry was perfect for me. It was just a homerun.

8. gawnfishin

gawnfishin New Member

I have a f55 for several months now, Great bike. Your gonna love it. I paid well under $2k. For me it was better fit than the C'dale & Trek, had a ride quality that better suited my taste and came w/ DA components as laginappe. They do however change regularly what wheels they ship with. I believe currently the are using Easton's where mine came with American Classic AC420's

9. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

I purchased the 2004 F45 last August feel great about the purchase.
    If I had to buy this year I wouldn't hesitate getting the F55 or 35.

10. 50mph

50mph New Member

I had a choice between the eastons and the ac 420's. I chose the AC's, how do you like them? How's the durability been for you, do they stay true for you? How much do you weigh?

11. anthonyjf

anthonyjf New Member

ChangMan - Will not be doing any riding today - looked like Armageddon over the Causeway bridge this morning. Anyway, I went to two lbs that carried Felt's (Eastbank Cyclery - Kenner and The Spokesman - Mandeville), and neither had any Felts in a 60cm. I did not want to wait for 06's because I am so impatient. I found a brand new '04 Cannondale R800 (model name changed to R900 in '05) from GNO Cyclery. The bike listed for $1,500.00 and was marked down to $1,250.00. I actully bought it for $1,100.00. I researched it prior to buying, and found that with the exception of a few complaints about the omega brakeset, it is a very good bike. I asked why it took so long to sell, and I was told that the demand for 60cm bikes are low. Worked out well for me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the Felts, and GEAUX TIGERS!

12. gawnfishin

gawnfishin New Member

Congrats on your purchase. GNO is a good shop with alot of loyal customers. I am surprised you got a deal. I couldn't get them to come off of the price marked on a bile i wanted from them. If you get a chance go see Sam at Westbank cyclery. He has a great shop. Very helpfull and knowledgable as well. I make the trip form Mandeville to do business with him. I bought my f55 from him however, he has not recently had a 60cm in stock either. Maybe I'll se you on the trace.

13. anthonyjf

anthonyjf New Member

I have never been to Westbank Cyclery, but I must say that I have had nothing but good experiences from all LBS that I have been to - Eastbank Cyclery, Bikezone, GNO, and Spokesman. They are always helpful. I also live in Mandeville, so I'll definately run into you (hopefully not literally) on the trace.