Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Felt F2 vs Scott CR1 Pro

Started by Kotuku · · Last activity · 4 posts · 7,647 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
8 October 2007
Last activity
19 October 2007
Original author
Kotuku
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
7,647
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,
    I am upgrading to carbon and am looking at the Felt F2 with full dura-ace and dura-ace wheels ($3200) or Scott CR1 ($2500) with full Ultegra and Ksyrium equipe wheels.
    Advice I am getting is to get the best frame possible, then wheels and the groupset is the 3rd important.
    Problem is the bike will be shipped to me and I will not have an opportunity to see or ride any bikes before buying.
    CR1 frame gets great reviews in terms of rigidity assessments and weight. Felt F2/3 frame is unknown to me - can anyone help? Great spec on F2 is tempting but I am considering the CR1 and buying a set of Ksyrium SL wheels with the extra cash.
    Riding here is mostly flat (and I do not struggle on hills but do on the flat) - events are about half TT (16-40km) and RRs (40-100km) but the upgrade is mostly to enjoy riding a great bike. In terms of bike fit I consider that I am average in body proportions (75 kg). I currently ride a trek 1000.
    Any help would be appreciated - especially from Felt F2 owners.

    Cheers,

    Scott.

  2. Another bike I am considering is the Pinarello F3:13 with a wheel upgrade.

    Any comments?

    Scott.

  3. Honestly, I wouldn't ever buy a bike that I hadn't test ridden before buying. Unless it was a custom build, but that's a different story and pricepoint.

    Bottom line: try before you buy. Fit is most important.

  4. MJR,
    Thanks for your reply. I agree - but unfortunatley it is not an option for me due to the cost/time to travel to a bike store. I will probably go with a Scott CR1 pro/SL sized via my measurements that I have given the supplier.

    Regards,

    Scott.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.