Felt F2 vs Scott CR1 Pro

Kotuku

Oct 8, 2007
Hi,
I am upgrading to carbon and am looking at the Felt F2 with full dura-ace and dura-ace wheels ($3200) or Scott CR1 ($2500) with full Ultegra and Ksyrium equipe wheels.
Advice I am getting is to get the best frame possible, then wheels and the groupset is the 3rd important.
Problem is the bike will be shipped to me and I will not have an opportunity to see or ride any bikes before buying.
CR1 frame gets great reviews in terms of rigidity assessments and weight. Felt F2/3 frame is unknown to me - can anyone help? Great spec on F2 is tempting but I am considering the CR1 and buying a set of Ksyrium SL wheels with the extra cash.
Riding here is mostly flat (and I do not struggle on hills but do on the flat) - events are about half TT (16-40km) and RRs (40-100km) but the upgrade is mostly to enjoy riding a great bike. In terms of bike fit I consider that I am average in body proportions (75 kg). I currently ride a trek 1000.
Any help would be appreciated - especially from Felt F2 owners.

Cheers,

Scott.

Another bike I am considering is the Pinarello F3:13 with a wheel upgrade.

Any comments?

Scott.

Honestly, I wouldn't ever buy a bike that I hadn't test ridden before buying. Unless it was a custom build, but that's a different story and pricepoint.

Bottom line: try before you buy. Fit is most important.

MJR,
Thanks for your reply. I agree - but unfortunatley it is not an option for me due to the cost/time to travel to a bike store. I will probably go with a Scott CR1 pro/SL sized via my measurements that I have given the supplier.

Regards,

Scott.