Felt F4C VS. Giant TCR Composite Ltd.

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by BravoFrostOne, Aug 6, 2006.

1. BravoFrostOne

BravoFrostOne New Member

Hiya! I'm a new rider to road biking but im no stranger to the bikes. This is my first time buying a road bike but i would like to have some experienced opinions on the Felt F4C VS. Giant's TCR Composite Ltd. I been riding my friends 05' Giant OCR Composite 0 for about 4 months riding time. Man that thing is pretty sweet!! I live in Frisco and climbing the hills here are great but climbing with a heavy bike is a problem. The OCR Comp 0 is a pretty stiff and light bike and i enjoyed riding pretty much but deciding what bike to get is where im torn between. around $2300 is my limit to spend since tuition is a hassle. The Felt F4c is around $2100, looks spiffy but i heard that the F4c was over 18lbs. The Giant OCR and TCR's are pretty good w/ Ultegra or 105 componets...but i prefer Ultegra or Dura-Ace =D. Id go for the OCR Composite 0 anyday but i can pull out $4300 and the 1,2 and 3's isnt fitting my area so thats why im looking at the TCR Composite Limited as well. The main thing im going to be using is commuting (+ hills in San Fran) and my own performance like setting my own records and trying to beat them but im not planning to do Tour De California but long rides wither its flat a big climb or 100 miles.I been riding mountain and just got a Scotts Ransom Ltd recently so endurance isnt a problem. So if some riders out there knows a thing or 2 with the Felt F4c or the giant TCR Composite Ltd. please i beg you to give me some intel!!

Thanks!

Tags:

2. Lonnie Utah

Lonnie Utah Banned

Are you sold on a carbon bike? Flet's F55 is a Al/Carbon mix, has a better component setup than either the Giant or the F4c, is about $2100 and tips the scale between 17 and 18 pounds.

L