Felt F55

arz

Jan 17, 2005
Has anyone ridden the felt F55 or know much about them? What do you think im currently looking at buying one?

If it is any help I have a 2004 F45 which is very similar to the 2005 F55.

I love the bike!!! No complaints other than having to put new bar tape on as the original came undone almost immediately, but that is pretty minor.

It may well be one of the best equipped bikes for the price, but that is my opinion as I shopped a variety of bikes last summer.

If I had to do over I would buy the F55 this year.

arz said:
Has anyone ridden the felt F55 or know much about them? What do you think im currently looking at buying one?
did you ever buy this bike? I've been drooling over a Felt F55 at the bike shop for months now. I can't believe the price of this bike for what it has.

Please give a quick review if you can.

I bought a Felt F55 earlier this summer. I have put about 1000 miles on it so far with no problems or complaints. I love the bike. If I had to find something to complain about it would be the breaks (they are mushy no matter how much I adjust them) and the the saddle (the seat is not bad, but it was built for weight over comfort and becomes very uncomfortable at around 60 miles and almost unbearable by 100). But if I had to do it over, I would buy the bike again. Nothing else compares in the price range.

test rode it for the hell of it. Didn't fit me well but it was a nice package of parts for the money. If it fits you it seems to be a great bang the buck bike.

If you like a pretty frame (nice welds, etc.) then this is definitely not the bike for you. They have mass produced Taiwanese framsets. That being said, the components on them are nice for that price.

Road Toad said:
If you like a pretty frame (nice welds, etc.) then this is definitely not the bike for you. They have mass produced Taiwanese framsets. That being said, the components on them are nice for that price.
Giant also mass-produces their frames in Taiwan, and they are pretty nice (welds, paint, etc.)

I agree that Giant makes a fine bike, as I am sure that Felt does. I bring up the weld issue because that is the first thing that I noticed when I looked at a Felt. They were horrible. Like in everything, you get what you pay for.

hi

no i didnt end up buying one due to the apparently long waiting lists in Australia...ended up buying a Giant TCR 2 while away racing. However would still be interested in hearing any reports about the F55? Have a friend looking inot buying one? Whats the go?

I recently bought a 58cm F55. I am 6'00" with a 34" inseam.

I absolutely love this bike. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the colors, the matte black and yellow are pretty stunning. Then I noticed the DA drivetrain - well, I was in love! There are very few on the roads so there are lots of dobule-takes among other cyclists :cool:

Well I am 450 miles in and have no issues at all with performance. I do plan on upgrading the brake calipers though, to DA 7800s. The tektros are mushy but so long as you know that you can get by.

The bike is a little stiffer than say a Trek 5000, but I like that. It is very responsive and climbs well. I have been pleasantly surprised at the performance of the Easton Vista SL wheelset also. Great for training but I would probably swap them out for a hilly TT.

The DA has of course been flawless. As for the welds on the frame, sure they are not as beautiful as say on a Merlin, but I don't mind them. The welds are probably the last thing I would worry about on a bike. :rolleyes: