Felt F70 vs Avanti San Remo Pro

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by peterlip, Apr 14, 2005.

1. peterlip

peterlip New Member

Hi All,

I'm about to purchase a 3 chain ring, 105 equipped bike, and have narrowed it down to the Felt F70 and the Avanti San Remo Pro. The Felt I can get a little cheaper, and in my opinion looks better, but the Avanti is slightly better equipped. Decisions, decisions..

Has anybody out there had any experiences with either?

Peter.

Tags:

2. Cycliste

Cycliste New Member

I test rode the F70 but not the Avanti (wouldn't even know where to find one, don't seem to be in the USA :eek: ).

The F70 rides smoothly and responsiveness is good. The 105 gears worked great, though on the bike I tested minor adustment on FD was needed.
    I did not like the bars and stem position but that is something the LBS was ready to swap. Ergo bars and horizontal stem would probably got me close to a perfect fit and steering.

Because I had tried (much) more expensive bikes with carbon SS, I can say the F70 rivals with those, but also because I had tried the new Ultegra 10, I wanted to check the F65 or F60 instead, which I am waiting on one available to test ride.

From a good test ride, I can tell the F70 is a great bike and an excellent value, probably best in this frame / component category.

3. peterlip

peterlip New Member

Yes, I think Avanti is based in New Zealand, so may not be available outside Australia & NZ (???).

Thanx for the feedback on the F70. The more I research, the more I lean towards the Felt. All I need to do now is test ride them.