Felt F80 or F90

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by senator52, Jun 16, 2006.

1. senator52

senator52 New Member

Has anyone had any experience with either the Felt F80 or F90 im looking at both. The F90 is more in my price range but i'm willing to look at the F80 if it is significantly better and worth the extra outlay. Plus i'm just wondering if anyone has any good or bad reviews of the Felt frames and complimentary components on these bikes?

Thanx.

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Have you checked with the Perth Felt Dealer to see just what sizes and models are currently avilable?

I have an SR81 and have many friends with Felts right across the range from F100 to the new Full Carbon frame. A couple have changes tyres, narrower on entry level bikes, one lady I know changed saddle to a womens style.

If available, the F80 would be better value as it is 27 speed, the F90 is 24 speed.

3. mr handy

mr handy New Member

i am hoping to get a look at an f80 tomorow... if the shop has one. they are the only felt dealer within about 60 miles so i hope they do. plus the shop is well known in the area and only a mile from my college so if something goes wrong i could carry the bike their rather than it carry me.

i will post back with what i find, good or bad, or nothing at all i will let you know.:)

4. lwedge

lwedge New Member

If you can, take the F80. The 105 components are much better, the frames are the same but the wheels on the 80 are better as well. You will like the frame very serviceable and solid.

Good choice.

http://www.feltracing.com/06/06_bikes/f90/
    http://www.feltracing.com/06/06_bikes/f80/
    http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/felt/PRD_290846_5668crx.aspx

lw

5. mr handy

mr handy New Member

just got back from the shop. i got to ride a felt f75 i believe and a giant ocr1 which was to big for me but i tried it out to see how i liked the feel. i loved the felt and i am going to buy a f80 from the shop in the next week or so!!!

the stor is about 40 miles from my house, but only a mile from my college. they give free lifetime adjustments and tuneups, and they are going to help me get all the gear i need including a helmet, shoes, peddles, water bottles, and computer: and it will be about $1050 $1100 U.S. out the door.

i would say definitely go ride one of these bikes if you can. i tested all the bikes i could in my area in this price range and this is the best feeling and best equipped bike i have found... and i like the yellow:p

hope that helps.

6. ignastrad

ignastrad New Member

I just got a 2005 F80. It's pretty sweet. I'm new into the road bike thing, but this is a fantastic bike. You might see if they have an older model for sale at your LBS.

-Iggy

7. mysrh

mysrh New Member

Mr Handy, with OCR being too big for you, did you try the same size as the Felt 80? Because I'm pretty sure both have different overall size measurements.

8. mr handy

mr handy New Member

I'm 5'9" and need a 54cm. the felt was a 54 but they only had a large giant which i think is a 58 or so. the shop owner explained to me the differences in the geometry and what i should look for when riding the bike, to see if i would like it in comparison to the felt. anyway considering the difference in the size i didn't like the way the giant rode as much as i liked the felt. i know that the giant would feel and ride better in the correct size, but i prefer the riding position of the traditional frame verses the more relaxed position of the compact giant frame. the other nice thing about the store i went to is they guarantee the bike, if i don't like it they will get me something i do like.

i also liked the bike over all others i have ridden including, specialized, cannondale, trek, Lamond, Raleigh, you name it. i think i rode every bike i could find under $1200, and a few over $2000. this one was my favorite.

9. mysrh

mysrh New Member

I only learnt about this a few days ago. If your frame size 54 with normal frame, it'll be small or medium with compact frame.

My size is 50, but with the OCR I made a mistake by looking at medium size which is around 50. Turn out with compact frame (in this case Giant OCR) my correct size is Xs or around 44 cm.

Apology if you've known this, but my impression reading your post was to tell you about the difference.:)