Felt F80 vs Specialized Allez vs Bianchi Eros

wescoas1

Jun 28, 2004
6'5, 225 lbs.... Looking for a fair weather/race bike that I can tour on or do things such as a sprint triathlon. The three bikes I am seriously considering are the Felt F80, Specialized Allez Elite Double, and the Bianchi Eros.

I have an 63cm F80 on hold down at the shop and am very impressed for the $900 price tag (the Bianchi is $1,300 and the Specialized $1,200). It's the only bike I know of for that price that has Shimano 105, which I like. Can anyone tell me a reason why I should spend more and get a Bianchi or Specialized or will the Felt fit the bill? The shop is also replacing the front triple with a double for me since even with a double it's an 18-speed, well enough for my simple needs. Or should I actually keep the triple since it's probably worth more anyways?

Let me know soon, I plan on picking up the Felt if I don't hear back. Thanks!

:)

Leave it as a triple, you can change the middle ring to a 39tooth later if the 42tooth is too high. It will tour better as a triple. Both my bikes (below) are triples. :cool:

Of the other question, Felt, of course!! :D

gclark8 said:
Leave it as a triple, you can change the middle ring to a 39tooth later if the 42tooth is too high. It will tour better as a triple. Both my bikes (below) are triples. :cool:

Of the other question, Felt, of course!! :D

Oh man, I just found the Cannondale R700 and the really cool Trek 1500 Discovery Channel bike, both for around $200 more than the Felt. So many cool bikes with excellent kit in that range! I am thinking either the Felt or the Trek...

Bike ****
1500_silverblueteam.jpg

F80_ped.jpg

The Felt comes with clipless pedals which is a bonus since I need some anyways... But the Bontrager gear on the Trek is pretty damn cool.

So I think what I will do is spend a little more and get an F75. Very nice kit for the money.

So I ended up saving over $350 and going for durability and rigidity with the Felt F80. I absolutely LOVE this bike. I was instantly much faster since it actually fits me better than my old Cannondale. I plan on getting a set of race wheels and tires for doing triathlons so if anyone knows of good ones on a budget let me know. I tried Treks, CAAD8s, Bianchis, Specialized, etc, and the Felt was the only thing that is big enough for my 6'5 frame with long legs. Did I mention that I LOVE this bike? :D I can't believe what $900 buys you these days...