Felt FC vs Specialized Roubaix Pro/Tarmac Pro Frame ?

racman

Mar 17, 2007
I am contemplating changing my frame (currently have a BMC SL01-Alu with Easton EC70 Fork, and Easton c/f seatstays) and have looked at the following in my price range (in South Africa):
1) Felt FC
2) Spez Roubaix Pro - still uncertain about the "Zerts?" and geometry
3) Spez Tarmac Pro

I have heard great reviews on all frames and wondering if it just comes down to looks? Felt seems to be loved by those who own but not a classy as Spez by others.

Any comments?

Will any of the frames provide any noticeable benefits to the BMC (the SLC and SLT are out of my price range)?

racman said:
I am contemplating changing my frame (currently have a BMC SL01-Alu with Easton EC70 Fork, and Easton c/f seatstays) and have looked at the following in my price range (in South Africa):
1) Felt FC
2) Spez Roubaix Pro - still uncertain about the "Zerts?" and geometry
3) Spez Tarmac Pro

I have heard great reviews on all frames and wondering if it just comes down to looks? Felt seems to be loved by those who own but not a classy as Spez by others.

Any comments?

Will any of the frames provide any noticeable benefits to the BMC (the SLC and SLT are out of my price range)?
Forgot to mention Scott CR1 option as well

i just got the scott cr1 team 3 weeks ago and love it. the only thing that i would change are the wheels. they are great and work well with the bike but, there are better wheels out there. i also test rode both specialized bikes. personaly i would got with the tarmac. the respones is better and a little better in general. you should go to a dealer and see for yourself.

Felt F4C for almost 2 years and its a great bike IMO.Ultegra/Durace and I got it for just over $2000.00 US. I like the look of the tradional frame rather then the sloping tube style that Spec/Trek etc is going to. Rides very nice, no road buzz, compact double, just a good all around bike.