Felt Road Bikes

iDash

Aug 23, 2010
I recently bought a Felt Z100 Road Bike. I am enjoying it very much.
I'm just curious as to the performance difference between a z100 and say a AR1 or even AR5 .
Is it Really worth the thousands of dollars ? or are we just talking a 1 minute difference in a fifteen mile ride?

iDash said:
I recently bought a Felt Z100 Road Bike. I am enjoying it very much.
I'm just curious as to the performance difference between a z100 and say a AR1 or even AR5 .
Is it Really worth the thousands of dollars ? or are we just talking a 1 minute difference in a fifteen mile ride?

The Z, F and AR bikes have different geometry, and ride very different...

The Z is more of a relaxed frame, not quite as aerodynamic riding position, but more comfortable over the long haul, especially for us non-pros :)

The F is a classic road racing frame, a bit more aggressive and possibly a bit faster if you are racing, but for a rec rider, probably not appreciable...

The AR is designed to be a bit more aero than the F - but again, for a recreational rider, probably not going to notice...

You can spend the many thousands of dollars even in the Z frames. Will you go faster on a Z1 than a Z100?? probably not *alot* faster, but the bikes do get lighter typically the more you spend, and have more refined components, so it's possible you'll go faster, but unlikely you'll notice it much..

I hope you are enjoying your Z100 - I just picked up a Z85 and love it!! Felt makes a great bike!!

I bought an F75 this spring and absolutely love it! I had a Lemond Big Sky before. It was just a tad to big for me.

That is a sweet bike you have iDash. I wish I was riding a bike of that quality when I was 17. Unless you are planning on racing in the future the difference between an $800.00 bike and a $8000.00 bike is not worth it. I am an avid recreational rider and I wont spend more than $2500.00 on a bike. There are platinum card cyclist out riding 2nd mortgages. Everyone has their limits. :D