Female chafing problem

Try moleskin

"vjpratt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am not an avid runner. Been doing it a couple of years, but I am trying
to
> work up to do an ironman triathlon in a few years. So I ran my first marathon last Sunday. I am a
> slow runner and it took me 4 1/2 hours. The problem is when I run five miles or more I chafe under
> my breasts. I am
not
> unnaturally large or small. About a 36-38 b or c cup. I wear sports bras
all
> the time. The kind you would find at Walmart or K-mart. When I run I put vaseline under my breasts
> and this helps most of the time. However during the marathon it was not enough and I became very
> chafe, close to bleeding. Does anyone have any hints to help prevent this? Would and actual
> running bra help? Any advice would be appreciated. Val

On 26 Oct 2003 15:38:56 GMT, [email protected] (Robert Pawlak) wrote:

>Val,
>
>Obviously I can't give you advice on the bra. But for my male chafing problem, bodyglide works
>really well.

How big are your boobs?

Ditch the Wal-Mart bras. Go to a running or sporting goods store and buy a Champion or JogBra for
your really long runs. They are about 30 bucks each, but well worth the money. The Wal-Mart cheapies
just don't cut it for a lot of us.

Terri

>vjpratt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Hi, I am not an avid runner. Been doing it a couple of years, but I am trying
>to
>> work up to do an ironman triathlon in a few years. So I ran my first marathon last Sunday. I am a
>> slow runner and it took me 4 1/2 hours. The problem is when I run five miles or more I chafe
>> under my breasts. I am
>not
>> unnaturally large or small. About a 36-38 b or c cup. I wear sports bras
>all
>> the time. The kind you would find at Walmart or K-mart. When I run I put vaseline under my
>> breasts and this helps most of the time. However during the marathon it was not enough and I
>> became very chafe, close to bleeding. Does anyone have any hints to help prevent this? Would and
>> actual running bra help? Any advice would be appreciated. Val
>>
>