Female chafing problem

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Vjpratt, Oct 15, 2003.

1. David Drake

David Drake Guest

Try moleskin

"vjpratt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am not an avid runner. Been doing it a couple of years, but I am trying
    to
    > work up to do an ironman triathlon in a few years. So I ran my first marathon last Sunday. I am a
    > slow runner and it took me 4 1/2 hours. The problem is when I run five miles or more I chafe under
    > my breasts. I am
    not
    > unnaturally large or small. About a 36-38 b or c cup. I wear sports bras
    all
    > the time. The kind you would find at Walmart or K-mart. When I run I put vaseline under my breasts
    > and this helps most of the time. However during the marathon it was not enough and I became very
    > chafe, close to bleeding. Does anyone have any hints to help prevent this? Would and actual
    > running bra help? Any advice would be appreciated. Val

2. Gs

Gs Guest

On 26 Oct 2003 15:38:56 GMT, [email protected] (Robert Pawlak) wrote:

>Val,
    >
    >Obviously I can't give you advice on the bra. But for my male chafing problem, bodyglide works
    >really well.

How big are your boobs?

3. Trp100329

Trp100329 Guest

Ditch the Wal-Mart bras. Go to a running or sporting goods store and buy a Champion or JogBra for
    your really long runs. They are about 30 bucks each, but well worth the money. The Wal-Mart cheapies
    just don't cut it for a lot of us.

Terri

>vjpratt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi, I am not an avid runner. Been doing it a couple of years, but I am trying
    >to
    >> work up to do an ironman triathlon in a few years. So I ran my first marathon last Sunday. I am a
    >> slow runner and it took me 4 1/2 hours. The problem is when I run five miles or more I chafe
    >> under my breasts. I am
    >not
    >> unnaturally large or small. About a 36-38 b or c cup. I wear sports bras
    >all
    >> the time. The kind you would find at Walmart or K-mart. When I run I put vaseline under my
    >> breasts and this helps most of the time. However during the marathon it was not enough and I
    >> became very chafe, close to bleeding. Does anyone have any hints to help prevent this? Would and
    >> actual running bra help? Any advice would be appreciated. Val
    >>
    >