Female Saddles!!!!!

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by warnerma3, Aug 28, 2009.

1. warnerma3

warnerma3 New Member

So I am starting to go on long bike rides, and the saddle on my bike is not the most comfortable after say mile 8-10, i trek on, well cause i enjoy riding in the country sooo much, but it does get rather uncomfy. I have been looking at getting a brooks saddle to replace my selle italia, any comments about them? Good experiences with them or bad? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

The wider/('normal') B17 saddle could work for you ... just start with the rails parallel to the ground ... sit as far back on the saddle as you can (this is true with ANY saddle, IMO) ...

With MOST leather saddles, you'll need to lower the seat post by a small amount because the distance between rails & the top of the saddle is more than on a regular "plastic" saddle ...

BTW. Before you spend money on a new saddle, your Selle Italia saddle might be more comfortable if you simply lower the saddle height by about a Centimeter + adjust the angle of the saddle relative to the ground.

3. bicyclerubber

bicyclerubber New Member

Take some advice on getting fitted to your bike properly - especially the pedals / bars / saddle in relation to each other.

Only then look at saddles. Look at as many as you can - there no one saddle that is right for everyone.

Include the SMP4Bike Lady range in your considerations, my OH swears by hers.

4. ANITA77

ANITA77 New Member

I purchased a Brooks saddle last year after trying lots of different saddles and having problems with most. I have to say the Brooks saddle is the best purchase I have ever made. It didn't need any wearing in - it was comfy from the start. I can go for miles and not have a problem. I would recommend them to everyone!!!