Female weekend riders

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
I received an invitation to join a club of female riders in another suburban town. They seem to have a formal organization because they have officers and I was invited to be a member before they hold their election of officers. It is easy to join. However, there is a membership fee of about $10 and you can have your membership suspended when you fail to ride regularly - 4 weekends of being absent without valid reason.

It's nice to belong to a riding group, particularly the all-female group, but it seems to me that the rules are stringent.

Congrats on the membership. I don't think I would be up for the challenge. I don't like anyone telling me how much I need to ride and threaten to take my membership if I don't.

Hmmm... Their rules do seem a bit strict. It's up to you whether you will join them. For me though, I'd rather not join a group like that. I enjoy riding alone or with my friends. But to have to pay a certain fee to join a group? I think that can be a bit too much for me.

Here are some questions to ask yourself though:

• What will I even gain from them anyway?
  • And why would they revoke my membership just because I fail to attend regularly?
  • If I paid the fee, shouldn't that be enough to make me a member?
  • Can I even refund my money if I won't be able to comply by their rules?
  • Are the members of the group warm and welcoming?
Like I said, it's up to you. If you do enjoy their company, why not? But if not, then there's no reason to join the group at all.