Fenders on a Burley

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derek Swift

I just wanted to let Burley owners know that the Planet Bike Recumbent fenders fit very well on a
Burley. I just fitted my Canto with some. The make the bike look sharp.

Derek

Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I just wanted to let Burley owners know that the Planet Bike Recumbent fenders fit very well on a
> Burley. I just fitted my Canto with some. The make the bike look sharp.
>
> Derek

Hi Derek,

Best of luck with the Canto. I have my Taiko now for 3 months and love
it. I also mounted Planet Bike fenders but found very little clearance under the front fork. they
look good and work but I'm a little anxious about running over twigs and small branches which
could get swept up and jam under the fork bringing yours truly to a crashing halt.

Gene

> Best of luck with the Canto. I have my Taiko now for 3 months and love
> it. I also mounted Planet Bike fenders but found very little clearance under the front fork. they
> look good and work but I'm a little anxious about running over twigs and small branches which
> could get swept up and jam under the fork bringing yours truly to a crashing halt.

Thanks on the wishes. Mine is a modified Canto. I have the 27 speed drivetrain and SRAM components
for the perfect ride.

Believe it or not, the clearance over the front wheel you spoke of is more that some bikes I have
had with fenders.

Derek

Great to hear of another Canto owner. I've had mine for over a year and love it. I converted to the
short wheel base and like that better than the long wheel base. I bought the Freddy Fenders (Planet
didn't have the recumbent then and that's what Burley recommended). I had to modify (cut the front
one down and trim back the area around the front forks to get them to fit right. Also had to drill a
new hole and add an L bracket on the reat to make it fit better). They'ver worked great. May have to
look at the recumbent version this year. Dom.

[email protected] (Gene Cosloy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I just wanted to let Burley owners know that the Planet Bike Recumbent fenders fit very well on
> > a Burley. I just fitted my Canto with some. The make the bike look sharp.
> >
> > Derek
>
> Hi Derek,
>
> Best of luck with the Canto. I have my Taiko now for 3 months and love
> it. I also mounted Planet Bike fenders but found very little clearance under the front fork. they
> look good and work but I'm a little anxious about running over twigs and small branches which
> could get swept up and jam under the fork bringing yours truly to a crashing halt.
>
> Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.