Fenders on a Burley

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Derek Swift, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I just wanted to let Burley owners know that the Planet Bike Recumbent fenders fit very well on a
    Burley. I just fitted my Canto with some. The make the bike look sharp.

    Derek

    Tags:

  2. Gene Cosloy

    Gene Cosloy Guest

    Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just wanted to let Burley owners know that the Planet Bike Recumbent fenders fit very well on a
    > Burley. I just fitted my Canto with some. The make the bike look sharp.
    >
    > Derek

    Hi Derek,

    Best of luck with the Canto. I have my Taiko now for 3 months and love
    it. I also mounted Planet Bike fenders but found very little clearance under the front fork. they
    look good and work but I'm a little anxious about running over twigs and small branches which
    could get swept up and jam under the fork bringing yours truly to a crashing halt.

    Gene

  3. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > Best of luck with the Canto. I have my Taiko now for 3 months and love
    > it. I also mounted Planet Bike fenders but found very little clearance under the front fork. they
    > look good and work but I'm a little anxious about running over twigs and small branches which
    > could get swept up and jam under the fork bringing yours truly to a crashing halt.

    Thanks on the wishes. Mine is a modified Canto. I have the 27 speed drivetrain and SRAM components
    for the perfect ride.

    Believe it or not, the clearance over the front wheel you spoke of is more that some bikes I have
    had with fenders.

    Derek

  4. Dom

    Dom Guest

    Great to hear of another Canto owner. I've had mine for over a year and love it. I converted to the
    short wheel base and like that better than the long wheel base. I bought the Freddy Fenders (Planet
    didn't have the recumbent then and that's what Burley recommended). I had to modify (cut the front
    one down and trim back the area around the front forks to get them to fit right. Also had to drill a
    new hole and add an L bracket on the reat to make it fit better). They'ver worked great. May have to
    look at the recumbent version this year. Dom.

    news:<[email protected]>...