fenders- SKG or Planet Bike?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Daniel, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Dan Daniel

    Dan Daniel Guest

    I need a set of fenders for a 26" bike. Full coverage, permanent mounting. I'll be adding a mud flap
    myself no matter what, as the Planet Bike one looks too short and too narrow.

    I've used SKG (esge?) fenders and have had no problems. Anyone have a compelling reason to buy
    Planet Bike fenders over the SKGs? Other than price difference.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Dan Daniel <[email protected]> writes:
    > I need a set of fenders for a 26" bike. Full coverage, permanent mounting. I'll be adding a mud
    > flap myself no matter what, as the Planet Bike one looks too short and too narrow.
    >
    > I've used SKG (esge?) fenders and have had no problems. Anyone have a compelling reason to buy
    > Planet Bike fenders over the SKGs? Other than price difference.
    >
    > Thanks.

    There all good, as far as I can tell. The Mt Zefal metallized plastic full fenders are just as good,
    too. If you're politically motivated, Planet Bike does that 25% of profits donation thing for
    promoting cycling as enviro-friendliness.

    One thing I want to eventually do, is to mount a reflector on my (Planet Bike) rear fender, just
    like how fenders used to come in the old days (the reflector's currently bolted to the milk crate
    right now.) Built-into the fender would be more aesthetically appealing, and less vulnerable than
    those bendable reflector brackets. I'd glady pay the extra expense for a fender that comes with a
    nice reflector built-in.

    Speaking of my rear fender, it has that clip that goes on the bridge doohicky behind the BB. It kept
    rattling off, so I zip-tied it on. What with the computer and generator wiring, and the milk crate,
    I must have nearly a pound of zip-ties on the bike by now.

    cheers, Tom