Ferny Creek/Dandenong Trails

kerky

Jul 10, 2004
Just flew in from Vancouver (lived there 5 years) and I'm itching for a good trail. Can anyone help? We're living in Ferny Creek and it seems like there could be some pretty nice trails around here but I don't know where to start....... I particularly like technical singletrack mainly DH but any kind of fun track will do!

Hi kerky,
I started riding MTB when I moved to Ferny Creek many years ago, since moved closer to CBD. Thare are many good km of singletrack in the area but watch out for the walking trails. Get a map from the local Parks office (or photocopy the Melways) & ask the rangers what tracks are open to bikes. Most of FernTree Gully was OK but Sherbrooke was not. You can do some good loops using the fire breaks & what tracks are legal.
Cheers
Steve

kerky said:
Just flew in from Vancouver (lived there 5 years) and I'm itching for a good trail. Can anyone help? We're living in Ferny Creek and it seems like there could be some pretty nice trails around here but I don't know where to start....... I particularly like technical singletrack mainly DH but any kind of fun track will do!

There is a book you can buy from most bike shops called 'Off Road Cycling Adventures". It gives details on diffrent tracks mostly in the eastern region of Melbourne. It might be worth a look. I have the book and use it regularly.