Ferrari makes interesting reading

Stewart Fleming

Guest
Three separate comments, paraphrased from his cyclingnews.com diary: (My additional comments in
parentheses)

1. Servais Knaven sustained over 50kph for 20 minutes, including the final 15km in 17:54 (50.3kph)
in his stage win. (At the Sydney round of the World Cup in May this year, the 15km scratch race
on the _track_ was run off in 18 minutes flat.)

2. Tyler Hamilton sustained 46.2kph for the last (hilly) 64km in his stage win. (With a double
fracture of the collarbone.)

3. Lance Armstrong managed 46.9kph in the ITT. (Having lost 7kg of body weight due to dehydration.)

While Hamilton lost only just over 2 minutes to Armstrong (who claims not to have been at 100%),
Knaven lost 7 minutes in the first ITT. I can accept that Knaven might not have been riding at 100%
due to team orders in the TT.

Ferrari says "Endurance-skilled and 'classy' athletes...are still capable of excellent
performances." Indeed.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Three separate comments, paraphrased from his cyclingnews.com diary: (My additional comments in
> parentheses)
>
> 1. Servais Knaven sustained over 50kph for 20 minutes, including the final 15km in 17:54
> (50.3kph) in his stage win. (At the Sydney round of the World Cup in May this year, the 15km
> scratch race on the _track_ was run off in 18 minutes flat.)
>
> 2. Tyler Hamilton sustained 46.2kph for the last (hilly) 64km in his stage win. (With a double
> fracture of the collarbone.)
>
> 3. Lance Armstrong managed 46.9kph in the ITT. (Having lost 7kg of body weight due to
> dehydration.)
>
> While Hamilton lost only just over 2 minutes to Armstrong (who claims not to have been at 100%),
> Knaven lost 7 minutes in the first ITT. I can accept that Knaven might not have been riding at
> 100% due to team orders in the TT.
>
> Ferrari says "Endurance-skilled and 'classy' athletes...are still capable of excellent
> performances." Indeed.

Dr. Mofe,

NOTHING brings out the greatest in racers than the Tour de France. It's the pinnacle. It's really
that simple.

-Ken