Ferrari

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Warren, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In today's VeloNews article http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3761.0.html two things stand out.
    First, the article indicates that Ferrari is (not "was") Lance's physician and trainer. Second,
    Ferrari is quoted as saying, "I've never prescribed illicit substances because I know that doping,
    in other words the use of substances to improve performance, is a boomerang which will simply return
    to damage the athletes who use them." This is a lie since at the very least he did not oppose the
    use of EPO by some of his riders.

    Of course, the final choice always belongs to the rider and just because a rider's doctor has
    "prescribed" something for one rider does not mean another rider is using it too. Ferrari can offer
    a rider some valuable advice without prescribing anything illicit.

    -WG

    Tags:

  2. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:160420032151343959%[email protected]...
    > In today's VeloNews article http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3761.0.html two things stand out.
    > First, the article indicates that Ferrari is (not "was") Lance's physician and trainer. Second,
    > Ferrari is quoted as saying, "I've never prescribed illicit substances because I know that doping,
    > in other words the use of substances to improve performance, is a boomerang which will simply
    > return to damage the athletes who use them." This is a lie since at the very least he did not
    > oppose the use of EPO by some of his riders.

    Simeoni declared in court that Ferrari had 'advised´ him to use EPO, growth hormones, cortisones,
    etc. Ferrari declared a couple of years ago that he didn´t considere substances that could not be
    detected as ´illicit´. So Ferrari isn´t actually lying. You only have to read between the lines.

    Benjo Maso