Festive cycling

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    I've wound tinsel round the rack, lights and flagpole on the bent (making sure to leave the lights
    showing - all seven of them). The miserable bastards in the Morning Hate[1] were just as aggressive
    and tedious as ever, but the Evening Hate was much more pleasant - several people hooted and waved.
    Which was nice.

    [1] Expression nicked from World War I, which I'm assured is no longer using it.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Thu, 19 Dec 2002
    (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build] <[email protected]> wrote:
    > || I bought my bike in the UK, but it is a Dutch bike and the levers are the wrng way round. I'd
    > || fix it but it has hydraulic discs, so I'll get the shop to do it next time I'm there.
    >
    > hmm - the shop actually committed an offence by selling it! According to the statutory instrument
    > which enforces BS6102, all bikes sold in the UK *must* have the brake levers in the "British"
    > positions and Trading Standards can take action if bikes are sold with these the wrong way round!

    Probably not. If the shop left the pedals off then legally it wasn't a bike, it was a collection of
    bicycle parts and none of the regs about sale of bikes would apply.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|