FIAC National Points Series

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Les Earnest, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Les Earnest

    Les Earnest Guest

    The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003 National
    Points Series that will include eight race meets ranging from Illinois to the West Coast. There will
    be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men, Junior Men and Master 35+
    Men, though not all of these classes will compete in every race meet -- see
    http://www.fiac.us/npsevents.htm .

    Points will be awarded in each class for the top 20 places regardless of the number of entrants,
    with 21 points going to first place, 19 to second and one less point for each successive place.
    Year-to-date points accumulations will be displayed on the FIAC web site. At the end of the 2003
    racing season medals will be awarded to the top ten places overall in each class. In addition, NPS
    winners will receive identifying jerseys.

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    typed before I read... oops...

    jersey and medals i see....

  3. Les Earnest <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003
    > National Points Series that will include eight race meets ranging from Illinois to the West Coast.
    > There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men, Junior Men
    > and Master 35+ Men, though not all of these classes will compete in every race meet -- see
    > http://www.fiac.us/npsevents.htm .
    >
    > Points will be awarded in each class for the top 20 places regardless of the number of entrants,
    > with 21 points going to first place, 19 to second and one less point for each successive place.
    > Year-to-date points accumulations will be displayed on the FIAC web site. At the end of the 2003
    > racing season medals will be awarded to the top ten places overall in each class. In addition, NPS
    > winners will receive identifying jerseys.

    FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before
    reading this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
    organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the
    Southeast, I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it
    either mountain or road.

    Tom

  4. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    "Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before reading
    > this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
    > organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the Southeast,
    > I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it either mountain
    > or road.
    >
    > Tom

    when I lived in Florida I raced only uscf and norba also. out west and other areas we have ACA
    (American cycling association) etc... my prediction is that in about 5-10 years there will be one
    sanctioning body for cycling again for road-mtb etc.... which one it is , anyone's guess. my guess
    is it will be FIAC. it looks like someone from Oregon will win it anyway due to the amount of races
    being held near there.

  5. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    looks inviting. whats the overall winner recieve?

  6. >Subject: FIAC National Points Series From: Les Earnest [email protected]

    >The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003 National
    >Points Series

    >There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men,

    SWEET.

    CAT 3 NATIONAL CHAMPION JERSEYS.

    THANK GOD YOU DIPSHITS DIDNT TAKE BACK THE USCF. THE FEDS MAY BE SCREWUPS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, BUT
    AT LEAST THEY HAVE SOME PRIDE AND DON'T HAND OUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JERSEYS FOR WANKERS WHO CANT
    EVEN MAKE CAT 2, LET ALONE CAT 1. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?

    THANKS SHARON

    PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION,
    NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Sharon Peters
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Subject: FIAC National Points Series From: Les Earnest [email protected]
    >
    > >The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003
    > >National Points Series
    >
    > >There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men,
    >
    > SWEET.
    >
    > CAT 3 NATIONAL CHAMPION JERSEYS.
    >
    > THANK GOD YOU DIPSHITS DIDNT TAKE BACK THE USCF. THE FEDS MAY BE SCREWUPS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER,
    > BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE SOME PRIDE AND DON'T HAND OUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JERSEYS FOR WANKERS WHO
    > CANT EVEN MAKE CAT 2, LET ALONE CAT 1. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?
    >
    > THANKS SHARON
    >
    > PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS
    > PERMISSION, NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

    Of course the above post ignors the fact that USCF did ( a few years ago) have national category
    championships for Cat 2s, 3s, and 4s. Before that USCF had 3 or 4 different events around the
    country that were all Cat 4 "National Championship events", with all 3 or 4 events happening in the
    same year.

    Casey

  8. Sharon Peters wrote:

    > PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS
    > PERMISSION, NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

    This is what we used to call "CIVILENGINEEROVISION" at University of Strathclyde in about 1987.
    Prior art.

  9. Les Earnest

    Les Earnest Guest

    Tom Arsenault wrote:
    > FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before reading
    > this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
    > organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the Southeast,
    > I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it either mountain
    > or road.

    FIAC is spread over the Central and Western U.S. The National Points Series is a regional
    competition that is part of the Galactic Points Series. :)

    -Les Earnest

    From the web site http://www.fiac.us/ "About FIAC" :

    Formation of the Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) was initiated in
    Monterey, California, on March 17,1999, at a meeting of representatives of five associations:
    American Bicycle Racing (ABR), Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado (BRAC), Northern
    California/Nevada Cycling Association (NCNCA), Oregon Bicycle Racing Association (OBRA), and
    Washington State Bicycle Association (WSBA). This founders meeting was held shortly after the USA
    Cycling board of directors illegally removed the voting rights of its individual members.

    BRAC later changed its name to American Cycling Association (ACA) and WSBA withdrew from
    participation. A follow-up meeting in Chicago on February 26, 2000, led to the formation of FIAC as
    a charitable nonprofit corporation and the filing of Articles of Incorporation in the State of
    Colorado on January 23, 2001.

    At a board of directors meeting in San Diego, California, on March 31, 2002, a Mission Statement was
    adopted. FIAC Bylaws were adopted in April 2002 and the corporation was recognized shortly
    thereafter by the Federal Government as a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit corporation.

    At a board of directors meeting in Boulder, Colorado on October 12, 2002, California Bicycle Racing
    (CBR), which is based in Southern California, was admitted to FIAC membership and plans were
    developed for a National Points Series. Northern California-Nevada Cycling Association was
    terminated as a member effective January 1, 2003, when it became an agent of USA Cycling.