General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Field and Trek +UCE (spam)

Started by jess · · Last activity · 3 posts · 295 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 February 2006
Last activity
9 February 2006
Original author
jess
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
295
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am very disappointed with Field and Trek.

    After receiving UCE I wrote to [email hidden] (Taken from
    their website), but received no response.

    I have emailed [email hidden] and [email hidden] ,
    but both of these just bounce a NDR

    I have also emailed [email hidden] (Taken from their website
    for complaints) with no response.

    What does basic courtesy cost?

    Ah well, Ill try their IP block owner next [email hidden]

  2. Twenty minute after emailing [email hidden] and copying the same
    email to Field & Treks 'Director of Information & Systems' (email address
    obtained from spamcop), I received a response from Field & Trek.

    "...I have been able to conduct a thorough check all our databases, and have
    found no reason why you would have received our newsletter. Your account has
    been flagged as unsubscribed, and I can therefore only assume that this flag
    was removed at some point in error, and then reinstated..."

    An error which has occurred 3-times in the last 2-months! This would
    possibly suggest to me that someone in marketing may be cynically
    manipulating protected data.

  3. jess said:

    An error which has occurred 3-times in the last 2-months! This would
    possibly suggest to me that someone in marketing may be cynically
    manipulating protected data.

    Don't rule out incompetence! It's taken several attempts with more than
    one organisation to change separate mailings for Roos and me at the same
    address to a single one for both of us. This is entirely in the
    interest of the companies concerned because they save on postage and
    printing costs and we still get to see the brochures.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.