Fiesta Cheesecake

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Linda1, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Linda1

    Linda1 Guest

    > From: "Gary" <[email protected]>
    > Some of the ladies at work were talking about a recipe called Fiesta
    > Cheesecake. I would like a recipe for this. Thank you

    Fiesta Cheesecake

    1 1/2 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
    1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
    2 large eggs
    2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
    1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    1 8 ounce carton sour cream
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
    1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
    1/2 cup green onions
    1 medium tomato, chopped
    2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
    2 bunches fresh cilantro or parsley, optional

    Combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto bottom of a lightly
    greased 9 inch spring form pan. Bake at 325F for 15 minutes. Cool on a
    wire rack. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3
    minutes or until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each
    addition. Stir in cheese, chilies and ground red pepper. Pour into
    prepared pan, and bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire
    rack. Place on a bed of fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired. Gently
    run a knife around edge of pan to release sides and let cool completely.
    Spread sour cream evenly over top; cover and chill. Arrange green pepper
    and remaining ingredients on top as desired. Makes 1 9 inch cheesecake
    or 25 appetizer servings.

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email protected].
    Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/