Fiesta cycling for kids

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by Corzhens, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

A fiesta is a festival or holiday that is usually observed in a town. There are towns here that has racing as part of their celebration - horse racing, carabao racing, and even frog racing. But there is a town here in Pangasinan province that holds a cycling race for kids 10 years old and below. The bikes have a certain dimension or size of the wheels. It is a fun race with the route going around town. There is prize money that is awarded by the town mayor. I got that information from a high school classmate just recently.

I'm eager to see that race and hope to document with a video.

Tags:

2. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Neat. That fiesta bicycle race for kids should be quite popular in town. I guess the competition is pretty stiff, and parents prepare their children for the festival race. A tradition's racing festival is a great deal for some people.

3. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

This sounds like a great idea. Well your fiesta sounds quite similar to the fetes we hold in my country. And yeah, they tend to be organized by the local town council or some school bodies. I think they're a great idea, and help to get kids involved in cycling and a more active lifestyle.