FIESTA ISLAND Race/PARTY this THURSDAY

Steve

Guest
______________________

Don't forget,
tell your friends,
wear your favorite lampshade,

35RD ANNUAL M*G*E RACING/SAN DIEGO BICYCLE CLUB
FIESTA ISLAND BEACH PARTY & Club Race

It's the SHARK BITE Criterium
On the glamorous paved over landfill of FIESTA ISLAND

Thursday August 26, 2004

6:00 P.M RACE which will as in past years be a staggered start handicap
affair. If you stagger at the start you will be considered handicapped and
will be given another beer to stabilize you.

7:00 P.M. Party time. Excellent. Featuring the ever popular Death Rockets
and Sliders; Chef Ralph Elliott presiding. Ralph learned how to cook from
his Mom, who used to feature a giant vat of scrambled eggs cooked for no
more than ten seconds on the AYH christmas Trips of yore. Mmmmmm, liquid
eggs you can sip through a straw. Digestive aids will be sold separately at
the SDBC Concussion Stand.

9:45 P.M. SDBC will be burning it's remaining supply of magnesium bike parts
from a former sponsor. We will be launching them into the sky with the
official SDBC slingshot (made from a set of handlebars and an inner tube).
"Ooooh, aaaaah."

* Non SDBC members are welcome to chow for a mere 5 clams.

INFORMATION:

Ralph "Death Rocket" Elliott <[email protected]>
Bill "Slider" Tippetts <special events coordinator>

"Fiesta Island. its not just a party spot, its a radioactive **** heap."

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:42:52 GMT, Steve <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Fiesta Island. its not just a party spot, its a radioactive **** heap."

Sitting here reading this I just realized it's been over fifteen years
since I last rode on Fiesta Island. Do you still have to shovel the
road before the race?

John Everett - Aurora, Illinois (where the climate sucks compared to
SD, but there aren't any hills)

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:42:25 GMT, John Everett wrote:
> Aurora, Illinois (where the climate sucks compared to
> SD, but there aren't any hills)

I'd say, *and* there aren't any hills!

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:42:25 GMT, John Everett wrote:
>
>>Aurora, Illinois (where the climate sucks compared to
>>SD, but there aren't any hills)

> I'd say, *and* there aren't any hills!

I'll bet you also claim the glass is half full.

--

Remove CLOTHES to reply