Fiesta Island TT course conditions?

Randygillettusa

Guest
Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the Fiesta Island TT course?

Thanks, Randy

"Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the Fiesta
Island
> TT course?

It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to watch where you're going or
you may pinch flat.

Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.

> > Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the Fiesta
> Island
> > TT course?
>

> It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to
watch
> where you're going or you may pinch flat.
>
> Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.

Hey Dumbass,

Don't forget to tell him about the wind!

Mike

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> "Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the Fiesta
> Island
> > TT course?
>
> It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to watch where you're going or
> you may pinch flat.
>
> Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.

Dumbass,

I WILL RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD AT FIESTA ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >
> > "Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the
Fiesta
> > Island
> > > TT course?
> >
> > It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to
watch
> > where you're going or you may pinch flat.
> >
> > Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.
>

> Dumbass,
>
> I WILL RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD AT FIESTA ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

**** OR GET OFF THE POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >
> > "Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the
Fiesta
> > Island
> > > TT course?
> >
> > It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to
watch
> > where you're going or you may pinch flat.
> >
> > Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.
>

> Dumbass,
>
> I WILL RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD AT FIESTA ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't laugh! From what I understand at the TTT there a few weeks ago, there was a mass pileup. Seems
that someone hit someone else's wheel, then another team did a pig pile on that team, and another...

Unfortunately, I also think someone got hurt in the process.

So, the moral of the story: don't TTT at Fiesta Is. you may get injured!

Mike

Bad asphalt

Moderate Winds after even the slightest sun.

Great course - crappy path

"Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone tell me what kind of condition the road is on the Fiesta
Island
> TT course?
>
> Thanks, Randy

That's why us old-timers called it "FIASCO island"

Boy, do I ever miss that stench of rotting microorganisms wafting off the water.

Too bad they don't do the thursday training race there anymore. THAT was fun.

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<Ifvab.55811$cj1.3545@fed1read06>...
> "gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > >
> > > "Randygillettusa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> Fiesta Island
> > >
> > > It's ****. The asphalt is in bad shape and in one section you have to
> watch
> > > where you're going or you may pinch flat.
> > >
> > > Good TT though, everyone has the same conditions.
> >

> > Dumbass,
> >
> > I WILL RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD AT FIESTA ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Don't laugh! From what I understand at the TTT there a few weeks ago, there was a mass pileup.
> Seems that someone hit someone else's wheel, then another team did a pig pile on that team, and
> another...
>
> Unfortunately, I also think someone got hurt in the process.
>
> So, the moral of the story: don't TTT at Fiesta Is. you may get injured!
>
> Mike

"kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's why us old-timers called it "FIASCO island"
>
> Boy, do I ever miss that stench of rotting microorganisms wafting off the
water.

> Too bad they don't do the thursday training race there anymore. THAT was
fun.

Dumbass -

Thursday still goes on. Been going on all this year since the initiation daylight savings.

> That's why us old-timers called it "FIASCO island"
> >
> > Boy, do I ever miss that stench of rotting microorganisms wafting off
the
> water.
> >
> > Too bad they don't do the thursday training race there anymore. THAT was
> fun.
>

> Dumbass -
>
> Thursday still goes on. Been going on all this year since the initiation daylight savings.

Haven't been down in a while 'cause I've had the "screw-its," but the last time I was there ole
Henry was right there in the pack...

FI is an interesting ride. Squirrelly Mexican kids doing all they can to stay in the pack,
squirrelly newbies, people riding in the gutter, triathletes, joggers, rollerbladers, etc. You too
can take your life into your hands with 100+ of your closest friends... all the while the front of
the pack has the hammer down. (well, most of the time anyway).

Try it next time anyone's down here in SD on a Thurs. Come see Henry in his Masters Fatty glory,
trying to win the workout! The ride ends with Daylight Savings Time so you'd better hurry!

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> writes:

> > That's why us old-timers called it "FIASCO island"
> > >
> > > Boy, do I ever miss that stench of rotting microorganisms wafting off
> the
> > water.
> > >
> > > Too bad they don't do the thursday training race there anymore. THAT was
> > fun.
> >

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > Thursday still goes on. Been going on all this year since the initiation daylight savings.
> >
> Haven't been down in a while 'cause I've had the "screw-its," but the last time I was there ole
> Henry was right there in the pack...
>
> FI is an interesting ride. Squirrelly Mexican kids doing all they can to stay in the pack,
> squirrelly newbies, people riding in the gutter, triathletes, joggers, rollerbladers, etc. You too
> can take your life into your hands with 100+ of your closest friends... all the while the front of
> the pack has the hammer down. (well, most of the time anyway).
>
> Try it next time anyone's down here in SD on a Thurs. Come see Henry in his Masters Fatty glory,
> trying to win the workout! The ride ends with Daylight Savings Time so you'd better hurry!
>
> Mike

You forgot to mention all the nasty **** people are burning in their campfires (old railroad ties,
pallets, etc) - you get to breath all that smoke too.

-Gerard
PS: the northeast part of the loop does suck

"Gerard Lanois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> writes:
>
> > > That's why us old-timers called it "FIASCO island"

> > the
> > > water.

> > > fun.
> > >

> > > Dumbass -
> > >
> > > Thursday still goes on. Been going on all this year since the
initiation
> > > daylight savings.
> > >
> > Haven't been down in a while 'cause I've had the "screw-its," but the
last
> > time I was there ole Henry was right there in the pack...
> >
> > FI is an interesting ride. Squirrelly Mexican kids doing all they can to stay in the pack,
> > squirrelly newbies, people riding in the gutter, triathletes, joggers, rollerbladers, etc. You
> > too can take your life
into
> > your hands with 100+ of your closest friends... all the while the front
of
> > the pack has the hammer down. (well, most of the time anyway).
> >
> > Try it next time anyone's down here in SD on a Thurs. Come see Henry in
his
> > Masters Fatty glory, trying to win the workout! The ride ends with Daylight Savings Time so
> > you'd better hurry!
> >
> > Mike
>
> You forgot to mention all the nasty **** people are burning in their campfires (old railroad ties,
> pallets, etc) - you get to breath all that smoke too.

I never noticed any of that stuff. It seems fine to me, after the sewage treatment plant closed.