FIFA - Footballers not involved...!

Ullefan

Jul 14, 2004
The World's governing body of football FIFA has announced that there are no footballers included in the list of sports professionals linked to the Spanish doping network uncovered by Operación Puerto. FIFA had asked the Spanish judicial authorities for information on the case, and was now given clarification by the Spanish minister of sport, Jaime Lissavetzky. Earlier media reports had suggested that there were also footballers involved.

Footballers don't dope!

Ullefan said:
The World's governing body of football FIFA has announced that there are no footballers included in the list of sports professionals linked to the Spanish doping network uncovered by Operación Puerto. FIFA had asked the Spanish judicial authorities for information on the case, and was now given clarification by the Spanish minister of sport, Jaime Lissavetzky. Earlier media reports had suggested that there were also footballers involved.

Footballers don't dope!

Yeah they dope too, especially the top teams, its just not tested for as much as cycling.

jeff828 said:
Yeah they dope too, especially the top teams, its just not tested for as much as cycling.
according to a BBC report soccer/football is the most tested sport in the world, followed by Athletics/Track and Field and Cycling is actually the third most tested sport... i'll look for the link... i was very suprised to read this too but the had the actual numbers...

[edit] found it.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/other_sports/4738767.stm

doctorSpoc said:
according to a BBC report soccer/football is the most tested sport in the world, followed by Athletics/Track and Field and Cycling is actually the third most tested sport... i'll look for the link... i was very suprised to read this too but the had the actual numbers...

[edit] found it.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/other_sports/4738767.stm
Yes but if you compare the number of players with the number of cyclists you get a completly different picture. Statistics...

Ullefan said:
Footballers don't dope!
No, they would never take any recreational drugs, either!!

FIFA demonstrates its muscle by suppressing information about the involvement of footballers, just like tennis did with Nadal. Too much money involved to have the big players/teams looking bad.