Fighting off knee pain and fatigue

Dame6089

Jun 6, 2016
A huge problem I have with biking is keeping my knees fresh. I find that before the rest of my body is tired, my knees start to give out. This is especially notable when climbing hills. Is there something you can do to strengthen your knees or is this just something that I will always deal with? I feel like it is holding me back from enjoying biking to its fullest.

I don't try t fight off knee pain. I just have to go when my knees let me. You can also do endurance training if you struggle with fatigue. Doing that will improve your stamina and cause you to become fatigue at a later time than usual.

I had torn cartilage in one of my knees and had to have surgery, I was told to do exercises on my quads to strengthen it. As for dealing with the pain I took anti inflammatory tablets and iced and elevated my knee for the swelling. I sympathise, knee pain is horrible!

Try to spin rather than mash the pedals. I know this is not easy but maybe get a triple or a lower range cassette if you haven't already done so. Maybe some weight training might help. I would suspect your meniscus is giving you issues.

When a part of your body is in pain, don't ignore it much more don't resist or fight the pain. Usually, pain appears when there is something wrong in our body. For riders, it is usually physical abuse like what happened to my leg. It developed a bulge like a small mouse behind the shin. It's not varicose veins but more like a swollen muscle. The doctor couldn't exactly define it but I am advised to quit riding for now until the time when the bulge would not appear anymore. The swelling emerges when I ride or I walk great distances, stays for a day or 2 and vanishes when I am able to give my feet ample rest.

If I were you, I wouldn't ignore that knee pain for it might be a swollen ligament or something else. Have it checked by a doctor.

Be careful about the claims of being careful. Most exercise reduces the symptoms of asthma when you are not exercising. I burned my lungs with poison gas while building a poison gas detector for the military. It was bad enough that I would stop breathing at night and my wife would have to shake me.

The military doctors said that this was a permanent injury that I would have to put up with. But this actually eventually disappeared. Your lungs regrow and heal in most cases. I also had gout which is an allergic reaction and this also disappeared over time. So riding does improve everything about you.

There are many things that you can do to strengthen your knees. You can try the knee exercises. I think you should find out what exactly is the problem before you take any step.

There are many things that you can do to strengthen your knees. You can try the knee exercises. I think you should find out what exactly is the problem before you take any step.
Well, can't cure your knee pain through exercise if you get a chronic disease like arthritis.

Firstly, strengthening your quads and hams would reduce most of your knee pain. Do half-hour of stretching exercises daily. See that your calves, quads, glutes and hamstring are properly stretched. Lie on your side and use foam rollers to release tension from your hip muscles. Use a tennis ball under knee joint and press your legs.

Finally, wear knee braces while riding a bike. Stay sufficiently hydrated and consume fish 3 times a week. Also consume crabs, shrimps, and oysters. Expose to sun. If nothing works, meet your orthopedist.

When it comes to knee pain well it's a common thing for cyclists, more so if you're a newbie. I think most cyclists have endured such pain in their cycling and one thing you can do to ease the pain is to use a good liniment and strengthen your bones by using calcium supplements.

A huge problem I have with biking is keeping my knees fresh. I find that before the rest of my body is tired, my knees start to give out. This is especially notable when climbing hills. Is there something you can do to strengthen your knees or is this just something that I will always deal with? I feel like it is holding me back from enjoying biking to its fullest.
Help your knees by helping your cartilages. One way is by eating food that contains cartilage or similar, like jello, marshmallows, chicken cartilages. Another way is by taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin pills, and also adding some Colagen, that will help you out a lot.

I had torn cartilage in one of my knees and had to have surgery, I was told to do exercises on my quads to strengthen it. As for dealing with the pain I took anti inflammatory tablets and iced and elevated my knee for the swelling. I sympathise, knee pain is horrible!
I've been there too. And just like you I had to take a lot of anti inflammatory pills, do a lot of rest, use an elastic support, and put tons of ice on my knee. Honestly, is really frustrating to not being able to walk and do all your normal activities, and you just feel the fear of not walking again like you used to.

Help your knees by helping your cartilages. One way is by eating food that contains cartilage or similar, like jello, marshmallows, chicken cartilages. Another way is by taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin pills, and also adding some Colagen, that will help you out a lot.

Thanks for the tip. I totally forgot that eating jello and marshmallows can help cure knee pains and joint pains. Also beef cartilages gives off collagen.

Hey there! It's great to see you exploring different ways to manage knee and joint pains. While jello and marshmallows may not directly cure them, they can be a good source of collagen, which is beneficial for joint health. Adding collagen-rich foods like beef cartilage to your diet can also be helpful.

When it comes to endurance cycling, it's essential to focus on nutrition that supports sustained performance. Ensure you're getting enough protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates to fuel your rides and aid in recovery. Incorporating strength and flexibility exercises into your training routine can also help prevent injuries and improve overall performance. And don't forget about the importance of proper cycling equipment, like a comfortable saddle and well-fitted shoes. Keep up the dedication and enjoy those long-distance rides! ‍♀️